Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1899-b British Trade Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  3:11 pm Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this up at the coin show too. The dealer left it in the flip it was in when he purchased it. The previous owner had documented the day he purchased it. And the dealer he bought it from also dated when he marked it for sale. So $11.50 in 1965. Although the other writing is confusing. "Both Crises"? "Rabbit and Hanging Cloths"? Who knows.

It was in a case that was all silver rounds. So when I saw a price of $11.50 I assumed that it was a round too. But it looked too much like an actual Trade dollar. So I asked. Glad I did. Of course the other price on there was the real one. But the dealer came down quite a bit from that.

I forgot my loop so at the show I thought maybe BU. But when I got home I thought more of a high AU. What do you guys think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
2865 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  11:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't know anything about these dollars...
Wondering what the reverse translates to?
Nice looking coin...
Pillar of the Community
United States
833 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vertical - Chinese: One Dollar
Horizontal - Jawi: One Ringgit
Valued Member
New Zealand
371 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those coins are so heavily faked and hot - its smoking.

However if its real and yours just might be - I would agree, if its not UNC it is really darn close like slider UNC or AU 55 or AU58 in Amerispeak.

It's a nice coin - I would put it in a different holder though, although purple writing and other gunk written on it, distract from the coin, which is the star here!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19391 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one looks genuine and I'd grade it AU-58. Appears to be some rub or wear on the high points.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05