Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

# 64 Of My Silver Dollars For Grading 1921 D Morgan

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
187 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  3:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Please remember, I'm trying to learn about grading and cleaned coins. By number 64, I think I was getting much better at establishing a grade ...... but still much, very much to learn. I know this coin has little value above melt, and as you can see I graded it a 35 when I bought it, and now realize it's only details 35, but whether or not a coin has been cleaned is still sometimes a mystery to me, so I present another 1921, a D this time.

I see that somebody practiced their scratching ability on both the obverse and reverse, but has it been cleaned sometime in the past? If you think it has can you explain please. Thank You

So what do you think?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45948 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say EF details (graffiti), does not look cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9189 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would carry this one in my pocket for several years to wear down the graffiti.

I agree with Coinfrog, EF details.
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Canada
705 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, EF details scratched / graffiti.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8363 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19374 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 details, scratched.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05