Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Proof ASE With A Privy V75 Mark?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 5,773Next Topic
Page: of 5
Learn More...
United States
90007 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At the rate the price of gold is shooting up not sure there'll be 1,945 buyers who will be able to afford this coin (alright, this is hyperbole).
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
At the rate the price of gold is shooting up not sure there'll be 1,945 buyers who will be able to afford this coin (alright, this is hyperbole).

I doubt it. Remember the palladium coin in 2018? It had a higher mintage, was in the same price area, and still sold out quickly. Add that the gold ASE has more collectors than the palladium coins, and I think that it will be an instant sellout.
Pillar of the Community
United States
910 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the palladium coin was ~$1300 I think
Valued Member
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought my Palladium Eagle $1392 when it came out. It sold out basically instantly and at 15k mintage and a household of 1 (I think), it was bound to be a good buy. But then for 2019 they upped that from 15k to 30k and the starting price was around 1900 at the beginning. Those 2 things killed the design and the want for people to buy it. For a new starting coin design it was a mistake. The Gold Eagles are always wanted and with this being a mintage of 1945, I can see this being a hit. Now the question will be how will collectors view the privy marks. Is the US going to do what Canada does and issues privy marks for anything or will they make it a one time thing (for bullion, not going to count the privy marks on the new dollar coins).
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4638 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
coincollector123 has it correct. The 2018 Proof Palladium Eagle was issued at $1,387.50 (plus shipping) and it sold out in about five minutes.

I recognize that times are different now, but I think the appeal of the gold eagle will win out over its high issue price and make for a quick sellout of the 1,945 coins available.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
90007 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2020  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. There are still plenty with deep pockets and motivation to acquire all they can.
Valued Member
United States
450 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I plan on getting one gold piece and hopefully a few of the silver ASEs as well. It will always be worth an ounce of gold but its a gamble to see if the privy marks will hold a premium over a regular 2020 AGE/ASE. Its too early to tell though.

One thing that might save the palladium eagle would be if they made them in fractional pieces. If they sold a 1/10 oz American Palladium Eagle for like $260~$300 then I am sure it would have more appeal and more customers. Especially if its limited!
Valued Member
Lebanon
215 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What it the estimated time these coins will be available for sale ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1226 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Chronos - sometime after September 22nd and before December 21st.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1135 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just updated on the mint website, these 75th anniversary of WWII SAE and GAE are on sale Nov. 5th at 12 noon.

Edited by Big-Kingdom
08/24/2020 2:43 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2020  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
9406 Posts
 Posted 08/28/2020  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just updated on the mint website, these 75th anniversary of WWII SAE and GAE are on sale Nov. 5th at 12 noon.

As an FYI, that is Noon U.S. Eastern Time.

Going on sale Nov. 9th at Noon ET are the 75th Anniversary of WWII 24K gold 1/2 ounce coin (20XG) and Silver Medal (20XH).
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 08/29/2020  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh, so both the silver and gold at the same time. Looks like you're gonna have to be savvy AND lucky if you want both.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1135 Posts
 Posted 08/31/2020  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nahhh, you will need to go for the gold first, then order the silver. Together will slow you down, and there's going to be a lot less time for the gold one when HSN and everyone else gets their minions on it.
1945 gold is minuscule.
75,000 silver you will have a couple hours until a sell out I'd think at 1 per household.

I think game plan would be to go for the gold first then the silver if you are intent on purchasing both, still though, I see the gold selling out in seconds to minutes with the "buyers" for the retailers. I think the "add to cart" is going to happen and lock up right away with 2000 committed and pending completion. I dunno. 1945 ain't a whole lot. there's more dealers than that alone that probably want at least one of these in the country.
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 71 / Views: 5,773Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05