Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Was Convinced To Start A Large Cents Collection

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I disagree, did you see all the large cents Gidjit has? I don't think that many large cents are in all the US
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2822 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live North of the border and probably have 6-7,000 large cents, about 1,000 of the 1859's alone. Surprisingly, I live in the same town as Gidjit.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I live North of the border and probably have 6-7,000 large cents, about 1,000 of the 1859's alone. Surprisingly, I live in the same town as Gidjit.

SEE why we have none in the states?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a nice priced Victoria large cent in MS 63. Offered a fair price and

THE SELLER TOOK IT

Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What year?

Jasper
regards, Jasper- "river4449"
Canada 5 cent silver collector.
PMs are open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I picked up a 1901 in MS 63. It's the older Victoria but an MS 1858 or 1859 was over $100 (way over) and I just like having an MS example of each series I have. The king coin just don't do it for me. It's a good price for a 119 year old coin.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2020  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We would love to see photo when it arrives! *fingers crossed* USPS doesn't mess it up!
Large cents aren't that pricey at higher grades are they? Certainly not like 5 cents I would imagine. It's maybe similar to small cents to a degree...

Jasper
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  07:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Large cents are very reasonabke. The local coin shop has a few that I picked up for very little. They don't sell , the large cents I found locally the box wasn't touched in probably 20 years. There are 2 key dates (not including the varieties) the 1858 and 1891 small leaves.
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add river4449 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got a few, perhaps I'll work on them as well after I finish (for the most part) the silver 5 cents.

Jasper
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well in more good news, the money that I paid for the original 1858 was refunded.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1535 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ohh I forgot to mention, so I showed the Large Cents to my wife. Here was the conversation.

Me: "Honey, did I show you my Canadian cents collection?"
Wife: Totally not interested as she is watching the housewives of some state "Yes you did", but I didn't so I bring her the book.
Wife: "When did you buy these?"
Me: " I found them while walking the dog.."
Wife: "YEP OK. How much did this cost?"
Me: "The Canadian dollar is at .64 cents"
Wife: "So each cost 64 cents"
Me: "Aren't they cool"
Wife: "Why are they so big? and why do you need these?"
Me: Takes album away, and walks away.
Wife: Turns TV back on and says "LIKE I DON'T KNOW YOU"
Me: walking away
Wife: "Pretty nice large cents, I like the province coins on the last page"
Me: smiles and gives her a kiss. I walk away..
Wife: "STOP BUYING coins we have no money"

That didn't go too bad.

Edited by hfjacinto
03/27/2020 10:37 am
Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  10:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well in more good news, the money that I paid for the original 1858 was refunded.
Learn More...
United States
84060 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ohh I forgot to mention, so I showed the Large Cents to my wife. Here was the conversation...
Pillar of the Community
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2020  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Check CalzoneManiac's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CalzoneManiac to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SMH. Non-collectors just don't get it.
Currently interested in buying 1957 and earlier Russian and Soviet coins. Let me know if you have any and we can hook up a deal!
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.06 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05