Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A BEP Serial Numbering Mistake: Duplicated Serial Numbers Issued For 2013 New York Star Notes

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,985Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2020  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So 1933Z, did you make a match?
Have you submitted a list of your 2013B*'s to the project organizers?

I believe the database now has over 11 thousand notes listed in it.

It not too late everyone, if your a note collector this can be very fun and exciting to compare what you have to the master list. Mr. Karol Winograd will email you a copy of the current list after each update he puts together. You just have to email him your list, and you will be added to the group email. Mr. Zegers and Mr. Winograd are both very friendly and enthusiastic about this project and love to share information.

As mentioned earlier, four other matched pairs are still at PMG right now being graded, and when they are back I will do my best to upload their images for everyone to see.

Good luck and happy hunting for this rarity!
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1993Z to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately I don't have any 2013B* notes
Well I do but the s/n is to high.
Edited by 1993Z
08/23/2020 6:53 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  12:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well hello everyone,
It's been awhile since I had new news to post. I will put more detail in the big thread about the 2013B* duplicate notes section, but here's the front of three, and back of the fourth matched pairs that just got back from grading.
So we now have 8 known matched pairs in the world, and 6 of them have been graded.
Please join in!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2878 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to hear, thanks Craig.
Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  05:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1993Z to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! I just sent some information on a group of 6 bills in this range that I came across.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2020  01:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great 1993Z, then you will get the spreadsheet and can do quick lookups to compare future notes you acquire and send data in on. I use it as a reference when I'm looking at notes on eBay to see if there's one already there. That's how I've made a match before when I bought a BEP pack that contained a matching note to one already on the list.
Good job staying involved in this project, good luck!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2020  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update....we just made the 9th match!
I'll put a couple pics, but go to the other thread on this topic for fun details!

Learn More...
United States
91001 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1625 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If any of these are found for sale in your lcs should they be purchased if the price is reasonable? Will they have future value?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  07:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I can get them for a low enough price, I get them, send the data to the project organizers, and hope for a match. However, if I can find a full BEP pack of them, I do whatever I can to get the whole pack.
What I did for this last match, was use the entire project spreadsheet to look up notes I come across to see if it's counterpart has already been found, in this case it had been so I bought the matching note from the store in Germany.
No matched pairs have ever been offered for sale yet, so no predictors there. But future value for an individual note not paired up, I don't see that having any special future value.
But there's the issue, say you had the chance to get the DC note 12345678, passed on it, then later someone adds the FW note 12345678 to the project, then that's a lost out matched pair. Does that make sense? I think I have over 6000 of these notes, hoping to make matches against the odds, of this rare error by the BEP.
To me, the value is in the sense of accomplishment as a collector, in beating the odds and bringing together two notes that shouldn't exist together.
Sorry I can't help put a monetary value to it or it's future value.
Edited by Snoopydoo
10/07/2020 08:39 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1625 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2020  08:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Thank you Snoopy
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 1,985Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05