Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Flying Eagle And Indian Head Cents And A Future Long Term Project

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 284 / Views: 17,440Next Topic
Page: of 19
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
hfjacinto, did a favor, can't talk about it. Hitman?

Can't talk about it
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really beautiful collection here. Great job with it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2022  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks speed demon!

Tomorrow I'll post the crowning jewel in my Indian Head cent collection, my only proof IHC.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally had a little time to take picture of the my first Proof IHC. This is a beautiful 1905 in PF63. I usually can see the grade but in this case I was expecting PF64/65 and my dealer was thinking PF65 at least. I'm having a hard time seeing PF63, but in the scheme of things I get the coin and not the grade. This one I may eventually send off to CAC.

The coin shines and has so many colors depending on how you move it.

And a close up of the coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Helder. Can't believe it's a 63 either.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice Helder. Can't believe it's a 63 either.

I was speaking to the dealer and he said "You should crack it out and resubmit, the grade isn't correct, its easily a PF65"

I think PF64/65, but if I send it to CAC and get a gold bean, its the same as PF64/65 so leaving the way it is now.

The dealer said if I wanted to sell it at full PF63 prices he would give me the full dealer cost, he is certain this would sell quickly. I didn't hesitate to say no thanks, this is not a coin I could get again, so this is a long term hold and a KEEPER!
Edited by hfjacinto
05/17/2022 11:34 am
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I finally had a little time to take picture of the my first Proof IHC. This is a beautiful 1905 in PF63.
Most excellent!
Valued Member
United States
436 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2022  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice proof Indian.
Pillar of the Community
United States
974 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
She's a beaut!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all!!

Thank you Doctor Burnzy! I look at your IHC's and would drool , Now I have my own colorful IHC to drool over.
Edited by hfjacinto
05/18/2022 11:14 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2022  11:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've mentioned this before, I have a saved search on eBay that whenever any coins come up that meet my criteria I get an email. This morning one of my missing Indian Head cents popped up. Price was really good (right at grey sheet) and the seller had good ratings, but the pictures were poor and badly focused, so I was taking a chance. I was able to read the TPG number and pulled up the coin, it had a picture but on my phone (outside) wasn't great either. So I decided to take a chance and purchased the coin.

As soon as I got home, I checked the NGC Pictures on my laptop and I noticed some environmental damage on the Obverse, reached out to the seller and yes he confirmed the coin had a "mark" where I asked.

I ended up cancelling the order, and the seller was nice about it.

So the lesson learned is while yes sometimes you have to jump on a bargain, be careful if the bargain looks too good to be a good deal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When one coin falls through you try for another.

Today's is a 1860 Copper Nickel.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
506 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Excellent value at that grade!!!!!
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Learn More...
United States
114756 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2022  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
When one coin falls through you try for another. Today's is a 1860 Copper Nickel.
Well done!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5246 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2022  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My wife asked me what I wanted for Fathers Day and you'll never guess but it was a coin

I also ordered another 1 that was missing from my set and I put another on hold at my dealer. I'm broke but the set is getting there!
Page: of 19 Previous TopicReplies: 284 / Views: 17,440Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: