Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1652 New England 3 Pence?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 150 / Views: 11,424Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While we're waiting, NGC has just updated their gallery of the Partrick collection. Six NE shillings at the top, and 5 pages of other 1652 coins. I thought it was interesting to compare the NE shillings all in one place, photographed under the same conditions. A little surprised that he apparently had no NE sixpence.

https://www.NGCcoin.com/gallery/partrick/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1636 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  3:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the Partrick collection

Folks, THAT is my kind of collection!

Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2020  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sure am eating a lot of popcorn...
Valued Member
United States
484 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2020  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same here....
Pillar of the Community
United States
7289 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
8 pounds

Pillar of the Community
United States
860 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like edweather's in it for the long haul!!
Valued Member
Russian Federation
105 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking forward to news.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While we're still waiting, the OP's location is the oldest city in the Netherlands. In 2005, Nijmegen celebrated 2000 years of existence. It was formerly the home of the Smetius Collection, which in 1644 Johannes Smetius Sr used to argue that Tacitus' description of the Batavian fortress was Nijmegen. The collection encompassed over 10,000 Roman coins and about 4,500 other Roman antiquities. The majority of the collection was sold and moved to Düsseldorf, where it since has dispersed and is untraceable.

Back to the popcorn.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3604 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well has the op gone into hibernation? And this thread started out interesting but seems to have fizzled.
Valued Member
United States
59 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2020  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinsInVT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope to hear more. Stories like this are what keeps me always on the look out. You just never know.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7323 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  04:09 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
kbbpll: While we're waiting, NGC has just updated their gallery of the Partrick collection.

On that note, if I had the time and the inclination I would go look at these coins at Heritage's new office, which is even closer to me now that they have moved. I saw Rick Snow went with his son and put up some photos of them enjoying their day with the collection. With the pandemic I don't want to waste Heritage's time, as I won't be bidding on any of the collection sadly, the coins are a bit out of my price range these days.

I have actually held the 1787 'EB' on Wing Brasher Doubloon in my hand before it was slabbed. It's an impressive coin with a matching provenance, and one of only a few coins that left me fairly speechless, and that just doesn't happen often. Dave Bowers had both the 'EB' on breast Doubloon and this one in his pocket (in flips) at the first ANA Summer Seminar I ever attended (on a YN scholarship) he let some of us kids get a look at them close up while he had them for some research or photography I can't remember why now. It was right before the Garrett Sales began.

Now to to view this fantastic collection while we wait on the NE 3 Pence news.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2˘ variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
1609 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do they do non-disclosure agreements with situations like this? Just wondering what might explain the long OP silence. I can see where the TPG or auction house might want to control the splash/hype.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16936 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For a coin this important they are probably doing extra background research and consulting outside experts. That could explain the long wait.
Gary Schmidt
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter00 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update update update!!
Valued Member
United States
190 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2020  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1993Z to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 150 / Views: 11,424Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05