Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1652 New England 3 Pence?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 132 / Views: 9,224Next Topic
Page: of 9
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i am on the edge of my seat !!!!
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If real it will make major news within the collecting community.

I think this will make news beyond just the collecting community, especially with the fascinating story behind it!

"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" R.W. 1975

Mark from the metropolis of Portage, PA
A.N.A. #3206350
Pillar of the Community
United States
1594 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any news from Paris? It's been a month and I'm tired of holding my breath.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7274 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  06:56 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just want to know I missed this thread for so long! Fascinating stuff.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
1594 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I neglected to mention that back in May, I was curious whether the Massachusetts Historical Collections had plates of the coins, referred to in the American Journal of Numismatics snippet that I posted on page 8. The curator said the building was closed and the document wasn't online. But the librarian checks the building every day. So next time he was in there, he actually went and looked up that page in their Collections! It still makes me smile at how helpful these people are!
Netherlands
26 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add larsjan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello everyone!

The coin was picked up this week by secure and insured transport, arranged by the auction house and brought to Paris.
Now we have to wait again. It will take a while yet, but so far it all looks good and there is a good chance that he will soon be allowed to go to the United States for auction.

Until then, fingers crossed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

One step closer!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7709 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck !
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
7280 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Check edweather's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All sounds good.
Valued Member
United States
202 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the update-----
Netherlands
26 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  05:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add larsjan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys! Very exciting this.
Now speculating on what the coin could yield if it came to the auction.
What do you think?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1594 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did the auction house give an estimate? Presuming it's genuine of course. I don't know how you value a unique coin with such important history. No other example may ever be available to a collection. Would the grade they give it even matter? It's not holed like the MA piece. The best quality NE sixpence sold on Heritage for $646k in 2004, but from what I can find there are 10 examples known. A million dollars wouldn't surprise me for the threepence. A lot more than that wouldn't surprise me either. I suppose what would surprise me is anything less than half a million. Again, assuming it's genuine, there will be media attention all over the place.

I hope you negotiated a good deal with the auction house.

Did you submit the holder along with the coin?
Page: of 9 Previous TopicReplies: 132 / Views: 9,224Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05