Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Transcontinental Coin Shipments During The Pandemic

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 1,981Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2020  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update.

Still no shipments out of Warsaw by air. The auction house said they could ship to places in Europe if that helps.

I did order something from a German dealer through MA-shops today, so will see if air shipments are still coming from Germany.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2020  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@norantyki, I was notified today that one of my Warsaw packages has been sent. So maybe air shipments are back up and running?
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  06:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdziemia - according to the link, things are flying (priority is back, as is tracked to the border). Curiously, tracking to destination (Global Express) is unavailable - maybe they dont want to exacerbate backlogs. Unfortunately, too late for me as a seller - I decided to take advantage of the large free listing offer on the Bay (without knowing about the restrictions, delays), and I am drowning in cases from impatient or dishonest buyers - lot of people are gonna get a lot of free coins it seems as they (ebay) have been of sub-zero help as usual. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

https://www.poczta-polska.pl/poczta...ranicznych/#
Edited by norantyki
05/11/2020 07:01 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2020  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a sort of horse race I am now watching, for packages shipped from various countries:

Germany - posted 28 April, not yet left the country
Poland - posted 7 May, left the country 8 May
France - posted 11 May, left the country 15 May
Austria - Posted 12 May. left the country 14 May

Belgium package has not yet been posted as far as I can tell.

I should probably stop buying from places outside North America for a while .

I am also a little curious if @cderksen and @oriole have received the packages they mentioned earlier int he thread.
Learn More...
United States
16338 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2020  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdz, I am currently 1/2 from Germany and 0/1 from Belgium.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two weeks since the last update:

Quote:
Germany - posted 28 April, not yet left the country. Update: arrived May 23
Poland - posted 7 May, left the country 8 May. Update: Nothing yet, and cannot track
France - posted 11 May, left the country 15 May. Update: Arrived NYC May 27 and apparently stuck there
Austria - Posted 12 May. left the country 14 May. Arrived Chicago May 30.

So, USPS isn't doing terribly well getting things to destinations. I rarely complain about them, but ...

On the other hand, a package from Italy I didnt expect to have until July-AUgust arrived today (DHL, not regular post).
Edited by tdziemia
06/03/2020 11:02 pm
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  02:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya, most of my shipments to Canada have been hitting in the past couple of weeks, but the US is really sporadic. Ive actually discontinued shipping to USA until things normalize.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3487 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  05:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tdziemia, my package did arrive sometime in mid-April. Since then I have ordered a few things from the US and they took longer than usual to arrive but not horribly so. A few things from Canada took a bit longer.
Edited by oriole
06/04/2020 05:40 am
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17070 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They don't have a Wells Fargo stage with an armed guard riding shotgun across the Pond!

Don't worry - you will get your shipment eventually.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3344 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  09:01 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received a package from UK posted 25/04/20 arrived June 3rd .
I'm thinking it must have been sent by sea post !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@norantyki, I just received the package from Warsaw yesterday, so that was 4 weeks. Not really terrible, about twice as long as normal. I have at least one more coming from Warsaw, and one from Rzeszow (which I guess must pass through Warsaw anyhow).

Edit: The package from Rzeszow arrived today, just 9 days after posting!
Edited by tdziemia
06/06/2020 1:08 pm
Learn More...
United States
16338 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Both Belgium and Germany shipped for me this past week--hopefully I won't have to wait four weeks for them to arrive.
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
2381 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bacchus2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had three coins arrive today. They left India on 23rd March and got to NI on 6th June.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They left India on 23rd March and got to NI on 6th June.

We have a winner!

Quote:
Both Belgium and Germany shipped for me this past week--hopefully I won't have to wait four weeks for them to arrive.

I am seeing long hold-ups after things reach the U.S. My package that showed up in NYC May 27 still hasn't moved from there 10 days later. Let's hope you (and I, cause I also have a package mailed Wednesday from Elsen) get luckier this time.

Learn More...
United States
16338 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2020  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's a race from Elsen!
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 49 / Views: 1,981Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05