Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Everyone Doing?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,137Next Topic
Page: of 4
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Riellyscions to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I registered on this forum and organizing my 48 year old coin collection that is mostly U.S. coins that have come from pocket change. I want to list a few for grading but have been busy catching up on things on and around the house. No option for me to work from home, the last day I worked was March 20th and scheduled to return April 14th (hopefully) that will be the longest I have not worked since I was a teenager.
Pillar of the Community
5003 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2020  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've rebuilt the little white picket fence in front of my house. It's been there since I bought the house in 2006, and American visitors always says it has a New England appearance! Sadly it was virtually destroyed in the gales we had back in February. I dismantled what was left, repaired and repainted the panels and re-erected the last bit yesterday!

It looks great!

Sandgate, that's way down there!
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
3757 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  01:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being extremely bored cooped up in the house. Have been watching lots DVD boxed sets that I've accumulated for an expected surgery that has been postponed until the crisis subsides.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oldno7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No extra time off for me.
My wife and I are both working extra hours that we do not want.

On the plus side, I did manage to get 26 oz of silver when spot was under $13.00
Pillar of the Community
United States
3757 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  03:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No extra time off for me.
My wife and I are both working extra hours that we do not want.

That was me until last week. Then my employer realized they have a huge hole in their budget coming and being "essential" wasn't enough for 30% of their staff.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
6768 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  04:06 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It looks great!

Thanks!

I had some fun yesterday afternoon. I photographed about 15 1971 1p and 2p coins from my change jar and posted them all on eBay for face value, with different descriptions for each one...

Edited by NumisRob
04/08/2020 04:21 am
Pillar of the Community
5003 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add USSID18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks!

I had some fun yesterday afternoon. I photographed about 15 1971 1p and 2p coins from my change jar and posted them all on eBay for face value, with different descriptions for each one...

So the theme of the story..........buyer be-where!
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron!

In Memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
Valued Member
United States
174 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2020  2:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been slowly cataloging my coins into a spreadsheet with some of the extra time I have. I'm still working at the office though, which is good!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3929 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2020  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
20% raise at work helps, although my wife and kids not too thrilled I have to go into stranger's homes and businesses.
Hopefully hit the parks for some dirtfishing this weekend. Sixteen y.o. daughter showing interest in the garden and wants a dozen baby chicks to start.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
204 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CENTertainment to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually bought the 2020 silver proof set today. That's not the type of collector I am though. I find more joy in finding coins in the wild...being surprised. It means my collection is on the smaller side but I typically don't get the same enjoyment from premeditated acquisitions.
Valued Member
United States
285 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The upside of not being able to go out, is saving me a good bit of money. I've been putting a lot of those savings into coins. A friend of mine has a nice rec room in his basement, with a bar and a couple couches and chairs. There are a few of us that meet there a couple times a week for a few beers. I hate wearing the masks, though!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1842 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of our neighbors invited us over, we sat outside and drank rose. It was nice hanging out with adults. Today my mom came over for barbecue , and the LCS finally opened up so I picked up a few bills and some Mercury dimes. I've been offered a package if I decide to leave but I don't know yet what I'm doing. My daughter also started riding horses again and I got a black market haircut. I'm pretty much done with this though
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16976 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Live home alone. At least I don't have hassles with other people. I have learned to be very content with my new reality.
Semi lockdown for me as an older person will continue until at least September. That doesn't worry me very much.

One of the ways in which I am reasonably well off from an emotional point of view, is
that I now spend more time here, in the CCF. My nearly 17,000 posts attest to this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6951 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took my siblings fishing on the Potomac River's banks. They had fun and I lost around $25 in lures, so that's great
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: http://goccf.com/t/359443&whichpage=1
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1704 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  12:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on lockdown/working from home until at least October. We were doing our best to support smaller businesses through eBay, Amazon second-sellers, and food delivery direct from local restaurants (rather than the apps)... and then we looked at the credit card statement. So slowing down the major purchases for a while.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 53 / Views: 2,137Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05