Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Everyone Doing?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 82 / Views: 4,357Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
2540 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eventually things will return to 'normal'. You can't live in a bubble.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is our normal.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
689 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2020  02:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrPink2018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mtuma3-

got pix of those ASE dansco albums?

hfj, those donuts look yummy

Edited by MrPink2018
06/26/2020 02:49 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4063 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2020  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Retiring in 3 weeks at 58. Good wage but I'm tired of telecom and ITech. I've lost interest. The way I see it, less tech in my life, the better. Nice buyout tho, pension and 401K. Can't believe I did it. Been working for 45 years.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7641 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping to travel again soon, but at the moment I've decided to do a complete audit of my coin collection - checking EVERY coin!

I'm a terrible hoarder. While I normally save only one example of each coin, I collect just about everything, and, as I have travelled a lot, much of my collection consists of World Coins from the 1970s to date from lots of different countries, together with numerous older coins often purchased in bulk lots. In addition to that I have Proof and Uncirculated sets, a handful of Ancients and lots of coins I bought because I just liked the design!

My main collection interests are British Milled Coinage, French coins from Napoleon onwards, US coins and Euro coins issued for circulation.

Until the mid-1990s, I used to keep a handwritten list of my collection in a little notebook. When I got my first computer, I transferred this to an Excel worksheet on Windows 95, and this has been updated ever since. However, over the years a number of inaccuracies have crept in!

- Sometimes I've been so excited to get a new coin, it's gone straight into my album without being added to the list!

- Sometimes I've mis-identified a coin - common with older Egyptian / Turkish issues with the tughra, or mis-read the date or mintmark on a heavily worn coin...

- Sometimes I've enthusiastically copied a list of coin additions, and automatically typed in "1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980" when I don't have a coin of that denomination dated 1979.

- Sometimes I've entered a newly-acquired coin in the space on the worksheet for another denomination - i.e. entering a 1967 10c coin as a 20c coin. Later, checking through my album, I may discover I've got the 10c coin, and add it to the worksheet, but not remove the listing for the 20c coin that I never had!

In addition to correcting my Excel worksheet, I am also doing a new handwritten list in a small notebook that will fit neatly in my pocket if there is ever another Coin Fair!
Edited by NumisRob
07/24/2020 2:41 pm
Valued Member
United Kingdom
181 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Collector28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been spending some more time outside, checking up on a huge ant colony in the compost bin and also an impressively large house spider that I've created a little home for. Said spider is doing a very good job of dispensing the irritating flies we get around.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1090 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2020  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've decided to do a complete audit of my coin collection - checking EVERY coin!.....I'm a terrible hoarder.

"NumisRob" I've never been a hoarder. My dad was a hoarder & after he passed away I was the one who cleaned most of it up. I even gave my mother his strong box filled with a few old CDN $20 & $50 banknotes from the seventies/eighties (& I didn't even ask for any of them). But I digress.

My collection has gotten out of hand too & I've worked hard these past few pandemic months to properly list everything on a spreadsheet.

I have just finished keynote (slideshow) presentation of what I wish to keep. It has helped me focus on what I will collect. Making such a presentation has helped me decide what I wish to sell sometime in the near future.

Quote:
Retiring in 3 weeks at 58.

Congrats & enjoy "ffod!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1235 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm hoping to travel again soon, but at the moment I've decided to do a complete audit of my coin collection - checking EVERY coin!

Props to you, @NumisRob, for the progress! That has been on my to-do list for some time now, and in fact it's one of my numismatic goals for the year. I'm slowly chipping away at updating my inventory, but I doubt I'll have it completed by the end of the year.
Valued Member
Australia
51 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  7:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add petef7365 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not one who has benefited from covid19 here in Australia. I have been going to work as usual... I'm lucky to still have a job, I think.

I have had the motorcycle out more often on weekends though and I have been organising my coin collection for easier viewing pleasure.

STAY SAFE

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10667 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Though the pandemic has changed my life (as it has everyone's), it hasn't provided any more time to work on projects, unfortunately. Work hasn't decreased and with my young son being home and not in day care, any time I have not working is usually spent with him and my wife (no complaints there -- that is one HUGE benefit of this otherwise terrible situation).

If COVID continues to rage for another few months, I do plan to knock out some woodworking projects when the weather cools off here in Central Texas, as well as build a shed in the back yard. I will provide photos that attempt to approach the level of hj's. That's a tall order.
Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2020  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it hasn't provided any more time to work on projects, unfortunately. Work hasn't decreased and with my young son being home and not in day care, any time I have not working is usually spent with him and my wife
Same here. Work has only increased, which is good. I work for a telecom and data services provider; business increased when our customers needed help adjusting and adapting to telecommuting.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5851 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2020  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Check nohope587's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nohope587 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had some health issues in 2017 got laid off from my job of 33 years. Initially I was extremely angry but things settled down and I tried retirement. :-) that didn't last long. So I got a job designing and installing autopilot systems for heavy construction equipment. It does not pay anywhere near what I used to make offshore but I Get to come home every day and my stress levels have all but disappeared. Covid19 has just made me busier I have to force myself to stick to a ten hour day. Construction is considered an essential service so I have unexpected job security. I turned my coin jewelry hobby into a fairly profitable business so I do a lot of out of town shows on the weekends and treat them as mini vacations.
Richard Barnes
(www.winsociety.org) WINS#366
eBay nohope587 ANA#1200381
Face Book https://www.facebook.com/Numismatic.Jewelry/
Pillar of the Community
United States
526 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add deadmunny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its been 7 years since I surfed CC. Like some of you, "extra time on my hands" brought me back here. Similarly, I started playing online chess again. One bad is that I've gotten back into the habit of soft drinks which I had avoided for years. Guess it's better than alcohol which is on the rise because of Covid. Lost my pop a couple of weeks ago to the pandemic but the rest of us are plugging on and managing. Glad this community is still here especially for collectors starting out and those who freshly discovered it.

I smiled at nohope's post. Glad he is still doing his coin jewelry. Sir, my niece was impressed with that merc piece you sent me after I dumped a bunch of dateless Buffalos on you #61514;

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9066 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto, those yeast raised donuts! Oooo-eee
http://goccf.com/t/370960&whichpage=4#3233218

All my major projects around the house are just about done except for trimming the shrubbery and such.
It looks awesome round here.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chillin, playing wit dog, Movies did I say Chillin ?
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 82 / Views: 4,357Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 5.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05