Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My First US Bank Notes

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 348 / Views: 10,340Next Topic
Page: of 24
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2020  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice acquisitions.

I understand the LCS situation ... you're right, you decide where to spend your $$$$
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I have 3 more notes out someplace. I'm always worried when its shipped USPS. The notes are just floating around the post office. They got to the PO on Friday. Nothing happened on Saturday, they were out for delivery yesterday, no delivery and today they were marked delivered at 8:08 PM, this has happened before and most likely means someone scanned it to the incorrect mail bin and last night it got scanned to correct postal person. so hopefully I get them today. Otherwise I need to open a case and it could be a week before I get the mail. The USPS is honestly the worst I have ever seen it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really am not happy with the USPS, but usually when my regular mail carrier comes back to work I get all my mail. I wonder if its because I give her snacks and soda's?

Like I said I love lots of stamps.

And what was inside? Well today you get to see one, a 1929-2 National Currency. This was the last issue of National Currency, they were issued from May 1933 to 1935 when all the bonds were recalled and ending the era. National Currency was a replacement for the obsolete currency issued by many banks which in many cases weren't satisfactorily funded.

The difference between the second issue and the first was that first had the bank number printed twice, while the second issue had it printed 4 times, 2 times in brown next to the serial number. And while I have no interest in unique or fancy serial numbers, this one came in as a cool surprise.

Edited by hfjacinto
08/11/2020 6:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2841 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  4:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Type II small-size Nationals are also missing the suffix letter...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Steve

Can you explain? I checked the 2 books I have and I'm confused where the suffix letter is.

Quote:
Type II small-size Nationals are also missing the suffix letter...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50499 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The suffix letter follows the serial number.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coin Frog and Steve! I learned something new today.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  08:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Next up is a slabbed silver certificate. After Steve posted the Type Set needed for $1 note, I noticed a few extra and a few missing, this is the Narrow 1935 D.

I picked up slab as it cost exactly the same as a non slabbed.

Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And this is the final one. A 1929 type 1. I got this one because of the condition and price.

Learn More...
United States
90125 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And this is the final one. A 1929 type 1. I got this one because of the condition and price.
Excellent!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50499 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Be careful who you show that to!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1605 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice and congrats

Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Several more nice notes. I feel like it would be very dangerous to try to keep up with you once you decide to collect something in earnest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2390 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Several more nice notes.

Thank you!

Quote:
I feel like it would be very dangerous to try to keep up with you once you decide to collect something in earnest.

I'm actually pretty cheap every note I picked up is under my $300 limit. The ones above were $75 for the nationals and the $1 silver certificate was $9. I spend less on 3 notes that some spend on 1. I just buy what I like at a price I can afford.
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 348 / Views: 10,340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05