Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 488 / Views: 15,653Next Topic
Page: of 33
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4556 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I did place an order and some notes are at the Post Office so hopefully early next week we'll get some pictures.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got mail today. And like I always post, I love packages with lots of stamps. Today I was stumped, so I had to Wikipedia as I didn't know who Bearden was. From Wikipedia: "Romare Bearden was an American artist, author, and songwriter. He worked with many types of media including cartoons, oils, and collages. Born in Charlotte, North Carolina, Bearden grew up in New York City and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and graduated from New York University in 1935."

The stamps were issued on September 28, 2011.

And what was in the package? Since I'm not buying so many notes, I'll post tomorrow :)
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And what was in the package? Since I'm not buying so many notes, I'll post tomorrow :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently picked up my last missing small note national (of a type set that is). I didn't have a 1929 Type 1 for a $5, and it came in yesterday.

Yesterday's pickup is from Norwalk, OH. You maybe wondering, isn't Norwalk in CT? Yes it is, but Norwalk, OH was settled from the cities in CT that were largely destroyed by fire during the Revolutionary war. The area Norwalk, OH is in is called the "Firelands" and includes other CT cities and towns including Danbury, Greenwich, Groton, New Haven, New London, Norwalk, Norwich, and Ridgefield.

Unlike most cities that had national banks, Norwalk seems to be doing well for itself. It has a website https://www.norwalkoh.com/ and has produced videos to sell the city http://www.elocallink.tv/m/v/player...or20_wel_iwd

I didn't see any homeless people in the video. As to the bank, scarcity, Norwalk had three national banks, but the first two are quite tough, this late charter bank is positively pregnant with notes, with nearly 200 known (Thanks to Paper Money Forum for the scarcity). I picked up this note as it was inexpensive and in nice shape.

This week's purchase aren't what I had planned, but as I found a well priced IHC, I picked that one up which changed this week's purchases to other items on my list.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My small notes National (including FRBN) type set.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51979 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very impressive!

Thank you! My poison dart friend and thanks for catching my mistake on the post!
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a cool mini type set.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1643 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are very nice! Thanks for sharing....

Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also picked up a 1923 $1 silver certificate. The 1923 one dollar silver certificates are the most common of the large silver certificates. They are old, but they aren't that valuable because millions were printed and many people saved them. Tens of thousands of them are still in existence.

There are three different signature combinations for this series. The common ones are Speelman and White, followed by Woods and White. The signature combination of Woods and Tate is the rarest, although it's still fairly common.

This bill is sometimes called "horse blanket" due to its size. But the 1923 note is not the only bill to be called horse blanket, as it's a term used to describe any large bill. The term horse blanket refers to the bill being large enough to cover the back of a horse. The 1923 notes and other large currency notes are about 25% larger than the current US bills in circulation.

I picked up this one because of the condition of the note. This is F237 (Speelman and White)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51979 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a nice EF example!
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked up this one because of the condition of the note. This is F237 (Speelman and White)
Excellent!
Valued Member
United States
212 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's your second Speelman-White 1923 $1 silver certificate this month. That's a quick upgrade!
Page: of 33 Replies: 488 / Views: 15,653Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05