Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 501 / Views: 16,125Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's your second Speelman-White 1923 $1 silver certificate this month. That's a quick upgrade!

The first one wasn't planned. I had planned for this one as I liked it. The first one I picked up with the intention of flipping as the price was good.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have another hobby, I do astrophotography and sell the prints. I couldn't live on astrophotography, but I'm pretty good (see last picture I took). I was asked to do a print on metal for the below which I did. Saving the small profit, I was going to get 1 nice note and a lower cost note from Allens next week.

I'm also very good customer of a local coin shop. I generally buy a lot from him and he in turn gives me very good prices. Since this week I picked up an AU Indian Head, I only ordered 2 low cost notes from Allens.

On Tuesday the coin shop calls me and tells me he got a small collection of notes including 2 that are on my list. If I come in he will give me a good price.

On Wednesday I went to check out the notes, he had 2 large ones that I wanted (but I didn't have enough cash, so I put one on hold and will decide on the other), and he bundled a few for me for a very good price (basically the profit of the photo and I kept $8).

First one was both the best price and also the coolest. This note is from the Chase National Bank of New York City, which was named in honor of Salmon Portland Chase, was organized by John Thompson in 1877. The Chase National Bank merged with the Bank of the Manhattan Company in 1955 to form the Chase Manhattan Bank.

Salmon Portland Chase (January 13, 1808 - May 7, 1873) was a U.S. politician and jurist who served as the sixth Chief Justice of the United States. He also served as the 23rd Governor of Ohio, represented Ohio in the United States Senate, and served as the 25th United States Secretary of the Treasury. Chase was therefore one of a few U.S. politicians who served in all three branches of the federal government.

I asked a fellow collector about the rarity of this branch and the comment I got was that if my Norwalk bank was pregnant with notes, the Chase National Bank of New York City was a Duggar (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Ki...nd_Counting)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52081 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful solar pic, Helder. You are indeed talented!
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  12:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank Jbuck!! For the compliments and the title change!
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  10:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's pick up is the $5 United States Note from 1953-B series. As I'm wrapping up my type set, I did a check and found out that wording in 1953 was different from 1963 and 1928. The 1953 series also didn't have "In God we Trust" on the reverse. These aren't expensive and in this particular case the government printed 44 million, but it was one I was missing.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52081 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  2:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's note is a high grade common $1 bill. The price was really good, so I didn't say no

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52081 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful note.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My collection of US notes has recently gone over 100, while the vast majority aren't worth much over face, I did have enough that I wanted a better method to track other than Excel. I ended up getting the trial version of currency manager, and while it does exactly what I need the software is very buggy, so I may or may not buy it. This weekend I went over my Excel sheet and also went through all the pictures. What I found was that I had 3 notes that I never photographed (and the Hawaii note wasn't even in my records). So here are the 3 notes that I never posted.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52081 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice group!
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  6:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I have 2 large notes I haven't posted yet but I need to stretch my images so you'll have to wait.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As part of organizing the notes, I never posted pictures of the 1957 Silver Certificates I inherited from my dad. Since I wasn't collecting US Currency, I sold off most of what he left but I did keep a few. He had a consecutive run of 7 notes, I sold off 5 and kept 2. The others were XF/AU and I kept the best of each one. Here are a few of what I kept.

Page: of 34 Previous TopicReplies: 501 / Views: 16,125Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05