Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 502 / Views: 16,262Next Topic
Page: of 34
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52145 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice crisp-looking examples.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my poison dart friend, el capitan de cafe, jBuck and a few others, I never thought that when I started this, I would keep at it for 29 pages. I never even thought I would have as many notes as I have. So I appreciate all the encouragement and props.

Not having the deep pockets I never expected that I would have as nice a collection (to me) as I have. Looking at what I purchased, sold off and gave away and what I kept, I am happy with my collection. I have samples of many notes that I didn't believe I would own. And while my collection is not CU66 EPQ, I like my notes and the story they tell. So thank you!

Edited by hfjacinto
10/27/2020 10:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2906 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I am happy with my collection. I have samples of many notes that I didn't believe I would own. And while my collection is not CU66 EPQ, I like my notes and the story they tell. So thank you

Well written @hfjacinto. I'm not a big fan of cliches, but "It's not the destination, it's the Journey " comes to mind.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I never posted pictures of the 1957 Silver Certificates I inherited from my dad.

Quote:
... Since I wasn't collecting US Currency, I sold off most of what he left...

Quote:
Here are a few of what I kept.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Quote:
... Since I wasn't collecting US Currency, I sold off most of what he left...

We live and learn...
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2906 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are moderators paid by the word, or post count ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's note is the $1 Federal Reserve Bank Note, this 1918 series of 1 dollar are usually called the "Green Eagles" as the reverse shows a flying green eagle clutching an american flag. The series bears 4 signatures, the treasurer, register of the treasury, and also the signatures of governor and cashier of the Federal Reserve bank.

The date is also strange as its marked series of 1918 but have dates of May 18, 1914 (except for SF which is dated May 20, 1914)

These are pretty common, although some branches are rarer than others. This is F715.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52145 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These FRBN's, as they're often called, were primarily issued to replace silver certificates that had to be withdrawn from circulation after the melting/sale of the silver dollars that backed them under the Pittman act of 1918.
Edited by Coinfrog
10/28/2020 10:10 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you my Poison Dart Friend, I did not know that.
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are moderators paid by the word, or post count ?
Sadly, neither. Otherwise my albums would have been completed a while ago.

Quote:
Today's note is the $1 Federal Reserve Bank Note
Lovely example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sadly, neither. Otherwise my albums would have been completed a while ago.

Being a moderator actually costs you money as you have to deal with the rabble rousers on the forum, you need to buy new keyboards as they break from too much use and you start pulling out your hair after your 100th "I found this penny in the middle of a parking lot, after I drove over it, a few times, look at the damage, there was no way that is natural, it must have come from the mint like that"
Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2669 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's note is $5 national from Fletcher American National Bank Of Indianapolis.

The Fletcher American National Bank Of Indianapolis in Indiana printed $36,554,330 dollars worth of national currency. Once a bank issues that much money there really aren't many rare issues. This national bank opened in 1910 and stopped printing money in 1934, which equals a 25 year printing period. That is a fairly normal lifespan for a national bank.

The Fletcher American National Bank Of Indianapolis in Indiana issued 544,946 sheets of $5 1902 blue seal notes. That is a very high number of sheets, making this one of the more common blue seal notes from all banks in the country. Ben Harrison is on the front of all 1902 $5 blue seal bank notes. Despite saying series of 1902, these were actually issued by national banks between 1908 and 1928. There are two different types of blue seals. The first type is called a date back and it has "1902-1908" written on the back of the bill. The other type is called a plain back; it does not have the date stamps on the back of the bill. This note is a plain back.

Learn More...
United States
92332 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today's note is $5 national from Fletcher American National Bank Of Indianapolis.
Very nice!
Page: of 34 Replies: 502 / Views: 16,262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.4 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05