Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 506 / Views: 16,317Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
4783 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, hfjacinto!

I'm sorry I completely missed this thread of yours. Blame the ongoing pandemic for my lack of attention.

First of all, welcome!

Second of all, nice notes!

Third of all, I really appreciate what you are doing. After completing my 7070 "U.S. Type" coin album years ago, I decided to try and replicate it with notes. I didn't get as far as I would have liked due to the increasing cost of older and rarer notes, but I still managed to at least get a good selection of notes from the 1900s (as well as a few choice examples from the 1800s).

The notes are all stored in a couple of currency albums (with pages for both small and large notes), but they can all be seen in my digital album here:

My United States Currency Collection

It has been a real labor of love, and I'm thrilled to see others making similar attempts.

Thanks again for sharing!

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Edited by barryg
10/29/2020 11:39 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52174 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great sigs on that Indianapolis note!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2674 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey BarryG,

You're type sets where my inspiration for the notes. I had followed your posts and had "checked" out your photo album. I doubt I will ever get as many notes as you. In the large note series, I only have the woodchopper and a $20 national that I can afford but I still have a few small notes missing.

Thank you for the warm reply!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4783 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm honored to have been your inspiration, hfjacinto!

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2674 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's note is a Chatham and Phenix 1902 Date Back. Chatham and Phenix National Bank was formed in 1911 when Chatham National Bank paid $1,880,000 to absorb the asset of the Phenix National Bank. The bank grew significantly as it absorbed smaller banking institutions, such as Mutual Alliance Trust Company and Century Bank in 1915, at which point Chatham and Phenix National Bank became the "first national bank to operate branches in the same city with the main bank." This is a common bank as it printed 496,750 sheets of $20 1902 blue seal national bank notes.

The cool thing about this note is that president Louis Graveraet Kaufman (born November 13, 1870) was an avid coin collector. Portions of his collection were sold in 1978 for $2.25 million. Hence I am collecting a note from another collector.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2674 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also like packages with stamps :)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52174 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2020  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Date Back, Helder.
Learn More...
United States
92366 Posts
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tylosaurus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love what has happened with your collection. Quite impressive for such a short time and how much knowledge you have absorbed along the way. Keep it up man :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2674 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The local coin I go has a "real" collector who works there (used to own the shop), this guy has a personal collection that is valued in the low 7 figures. Recently he wants to get rid of a lot that he owns. He offered me first crack at his notes collection (very very small part of his collection). I asked my wife if we can work a deal, can I use money from the savings, she said if it's not a lot you can. I go to see the collection on Monday. If I can work out a deal, I may pick up a few notes that were on wish list that I haven't found. No promises, I only saw the list and I have no idea what the prices will be. So I may pick up a few notes or I may not... to be determined .....
Learn More...
United States
92366 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2674 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I went there today and sadly the seller didn't have all the notes (I wanted the fractional), they are in the safety deposit box and he wasn't able to get to them. Hoping for later in the week. I did pick up another green eagle. Price was great, I couldn't say no.

Learn More...
United States
92366 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
did pick up another green eagle. Price was great, I couldn't say no.
Very nice!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52174 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's not forget to save for the Battleship!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2674 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2020  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just placed an order

One nice horse blanket and a few small sized notes.
Page: of 34 Replies: 506 / Views: 16,317Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05