Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 524 / Views: 18,793Next Topic
Page: of 35
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pick-ups again. So much for "completing" that $1 type set. I see you are already upgrading!
Learn More...
United States
94640 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
This is F1606, Series 1934 $1 Silver Certificate.
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@el capitan de cafe.. yep, I try not to upgrade but sometimes I get a great price locally and I can't say no.. but I am really almost done with my goals. I have a $5 note that I am missing and then I can complete my type set (well not the fractionals). I will pick up a few more but I see the light at the end of the 6 month tunnel. IHC will come back soon.

But like I said I am still missing a $5 and while the below is a $5, its not the last one, but it is one that I was missing. This is F1951-D, series 1928A.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And with this one I have the 1928 series that I wanted.

Learn More...
United States
94640 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This note is F-1308 which has the long thin key. 5th issue 25 cent, issued from February 26,1874 to February 15, 1876.

The person on the note is Robert James Walker, born July 23, 1801, died November 11, 1869. Mr. Walker was a US Senator from 1838 to 45, Secretary of Treasury from 1845 to 1849. He was the financial agent of the US during the civil war and help finance the war by selling over $200 million in War Bonds and stopping the sale of Confederate Bonds.

And with this I have completed the 5th issue.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My 5th issues series:

Learn More...
United States
94640 Posts
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure it is possible to explain to a non-collector why we need to have both the long-key and short-key varieties in our collections. Sort of like variety 1 and variety 2 lettering on Eisenhower dollars. My wife just says "it better not have cost a lot for that tiny difference."
Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tell my wife the notes are "technically" only worth face value.

Same with Red and green seals and backs. The fractional series is one that these difference aren't crazy expensive. Look for a Red Seal in Large Sized Notes (like the Federal Reserve Notes) and the Red Seals are 2-3X the price.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53803 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine-looking set for sure.
Learn More...
United States
94640 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Sort of like variety 1 and variety 2 lettering on Eisenhower dollars. My wife just says "it better not have cost a lot for that tiny difference."
At least is not costly for the bicentennial Ikes.

The 1972 varieties on the other hand...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like packages with stamps:

And in this package was the last note of my $1-$20 type set. This is F-2302 which is the 1934-A Hawaii $5 note. of the 4 notes released the $5 had the least number printed. Like el capitan de cafe says the $5 notes seem to be the hardest to find. This is an XF and in very nice condition.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2952 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And with the $5, I have completed the Hawaii series:

Learn More...
United States
94640 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And in this package was the last note of my $1-$20 type set.
Very nice!

Quote:
And with the $5, I have completed the Hawaii series:
Excellent!
Page: of 35 Replies: 524 / Views: 18,793Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05