Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 510 / Views: 18,126Next Topic
Page: of 34
Pillar of the Community
United States
2886 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And my $5 Type Set:

Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2886 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does this mean "I'm done"?

Well it does with the type set I wanted to complete, but there are a few that are still on my list and I want to complete the Fractionals, so I will be working on those when I can find them at a good price. But what this means is that I'm not going to be concentrating 100% on Currency. I had a goal to get the IHC in high grade and also to do a high grade 20th century type set so I'll work on those unless a nice note comes up (and they come up often).

To all that followed my journey and "bullied" me. I appreciate it
Pillar of the Community
United States
2976 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good looking set HFJ. After seeing them posted individually with the detailed information you typically include with each note, you should be proud to present them as a group. If you're anything like me, learning about them was half the fun. Most of these represent a particular time in history that's cool to learn about. Well done, you're an excellent steward to this collection.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53429 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
indeed, a fine set for the short amount of time you've collected paper money.
Valued Member
United States
252 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2020  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may even have convinced me to eventually get some of those large size nationals.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2886 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2020  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love when packages come in with lots of stamps. BUT I don't like packages that are not only wet but SOAKED.

Luckily the coin and note were ok. Even the inside was wet.

I'll post tomorrow.
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I love when packages come in with lots of stamps.

Quote:
BUT I don't like packages that are not only wet but SOAKED.

Quote:
Luckily the coin and note were ok.

Quote:
Even the inside was wet.

Quote:
I'll post tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2886 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's note is a $50 Federal Reserve Bank Note. Series 1929. These are like "National Currency" but are actually obligations of the Federal Reserve Bank that issued them. There was only 1 series in small notes. All are signed by Jones and Woods. The Chicago Branch notes have the signature of the Governor and Assistant Deputy Governor.

This isn't part of my type set but it was a note I wanted.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53429 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example, Helder.
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Today's note is a $50 Federal Reserve Bank Note. Series 1929.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2886 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2020  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My $1 type set, gets another addition.

The 1923 $1 legal tender note is the successor to the series of 1917 issues. Just like all other one dollar legal tender notes printed since 1869, the series of 1923 issue also has a portrait of George Washington it. The serial number and seal are both printed in red ink. This dollar bill is popular because it is another unique design and signature combination notes. All 1923 red seals were signed by Speelman and White. Based on that signature combination we know that these could have been printed as late as 1927, despite saying series of 1923

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53429 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2020  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great-looking example!
Learn More...
United States
94141 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2020  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My $1 type set, gets another addition... The 1923 $1 legal tender note is the successor to the series of 1917 issues.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2886 Posts
 Posted 12/21/2020  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I the $1 red seal maybe the last note for a while. My 2021 goals really focus back on coins ( IHC and 7070) so I doubt I'll have much money left over.

I still need a few fractionals and a Colonial currency, so if I find one which meets my $/visual appeal I might pick it up.

So thank you all for following my journey. I'm getting back on the coin path, but will be back one day.
Page: of 34 Previous TopicReplies: 510 / Views: 18,126Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05