Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 654 / Views: 28,503Next Topic
Page: of 44
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My $1 small sized type set is getting up there:

Edited by hfjacinto
03/13/2021 09:13 am
Learn More...
United States
101000 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2021  10:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since Captain Coffee has a lot of influence, I had to get another $2 star note

Honestly, this was an unplanned purchase. Some one on another forum posted that he had new $2 for sale. Since I had picked up a pack of $100 in $2 and all were 2013, I figured it was easier to just pick up a new one.

Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 03/14/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I dig the experimental note additions.
Learn More...
United States
101000 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't generally buy modern coins or notes and I barely buy slabbed notes, but on another forum one of the posters graded a few of the $2 bills he had and the price was good. Since I like $2 bills, I decided to get one. This will be it for a while, I'm going to go back to the 7070. I am saving up for the Educational $1 silver certificate, but that will take a while. So not going away, just will see you later. (And you never know if something will come up)

This little detour became a 39 page thread with over 500 posts and 20000 views, I don't think that was bad for a nascent paper (cotton/linen) collector.
Edited by hfjacinto
03/16/2021 2:23 pm
Learn More...
United States
101000 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Since I like $2 bills, I decided to get one.
Excellent!

Quote:
This will be it for a while, I'm going to go back to the 7070.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We'll I wasn't expecting to be back so soon as I'm currently saving up for the Educational Note, BUT my coin shop likes to call me when they get in anything I might like. Being honest, if I wasn't looking for a minimum of VF, I could have picked up a $50 (1914), a $1 educational, a $10 1907 Gold Certificate and a few others. But I do try to stick to VF. Well I didn't pick up the 1907 $10 GC, I did pick up a $10 Silver Certificate. Cost was a little over face and the poor note looked lonely, so he is now with a few brothers in my red currency box.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58340 Posts
 Posted 03/22/2021  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to go wrong at that price!
Learn More...
United States
101000 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I'm doing the 7070, the notes have slowed down. But I got a little extra cash, so why not get "change". I exchanged a few dollars for fewer dollars and a nice stamped package.

I picked up another $5 Federal Reserve Bank Note, I really like these. Eventually I have to get the $100, but this one was very very reasonable (and like I said, I didn't have much cash).

Edited by hfjacinto
03/27/2021 9:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3950 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You know that if you put together a $5 FRBN set, it's the San Francisco that may strain your budget. I've seen several on the market lately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/27/2021  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree Jim, and try to get a star FRBN, they aren't cheap. I'm going to pick up any low cost ones I can find but it won't be a complete set.
Valued Member
United States
420 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably a good call on the 1907 $10 GC. Love those notes, but their appeal really drops as the back gets grubby on many of the lower-end notes. Nice grabs on the other notes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3535 Posts
 Posted 03/28/2021  2:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Probably a good call on the 1907 $10 GC. Love those notes, but their appeal really drops as the back gets grubby on many of the lower-end notes. Nice grabs on the other notes.

The 1907 was a little too grubby, so I agree. I really regret not getting the Educational. It was F15 and may have graded VF 20 expect for some hard creases. Oh well, I see a few for only 3X what that one would have cost me

But onto more important things. I was going to let this one pass, but since @captain Coffee is always bullying me as I have so new Star Notes and its VF and it was barely more than face. If I get a replacement, I may pass it on as I'm inspiring another collector. Otherwise it fills an empty space.

Page: of 44 Previous TopicReplies: 654 / Views: 28,503Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05