Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 663 / Views: 30,463Next Topic
Page: of 45
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My other note from the show, its common but the price was low and condition was very nice.

Learn More...
United States
102173 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My other note from the show, its common but the price was low and condition was very nice.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I actually have 5 notes from 3 different purchases traveling through the US, they are all "In Transit". One will complete a fractional type set.

As I was "jonesing" to actully get something I made a quick trip to several local coin shops. Sadly didn't find any Portuguese notes, but I did find a nice NA note.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59484 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3256 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  03:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, as Mr.Frog said, nice example Helder. I have the B-C and I-C blocks. They're available in B-C, C-C, F-C, I-C, R-C and replacement notes.

Learn More...
United States
102173 Posts
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Completing your fractional type set? If I recall, that means you picked up a Lincoln and Justice note. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Completing your fractional type set? If I recall, that means you picked up a Lincoln and Justice note. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing them.

Not both sadly, only one, completed the 3rd series (if it ever gets here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No tracking, no status updates, nothing, but 2 of the 5 notes I ordered came in. WOOT WOOT. No pictures of the package as it was pretty plain, no cool stamps.

Today you get the 50 cents from the 3rd issue. This is FR 1372. The Justice notes have the most FR numbers with 25 in total. The following are the criteria for FR 1372.
Fiber Paper
1 on the Obverse
Surcharges of A 2 6 5
The 2 is for 2 sheets of paper and 6-5 stands for printing in 1865.

With this I have completed the 3rd issue and am only missing the Lincoln 50 cents for the 4th issue.

Learn More...
United States
102173 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  3:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With this I have completed the 3rd issue and am only missing the Lincoln 50 cents for the 4th issue.
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As I like naked ladies on my notes, I picked up the below obsolete. These are very common and we recently learned that someone that lives in Newton actually picked up a few (hundred) of these when the The Sussex Bank was demolished/remodeled. They were just thrown out. The paper is very thin, so I'm surprised any actually survived that long.

Learn More...
United States
102173 Posts
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. You don't see the fiber paper notes as much. I actually bid on two Justice notes at a Heritage Auction this week, but lost both by a single bid.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3681 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Captain Coffee do you have a complete type set of the fractionals ? I know not all but a sample from each issue?
Valued Member
United States
443 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have a Lincoln or a Justice note. I suppose I could just go out and buy them, but when I collect, I really only enjoy it if I feel like I've gotten a great deal. I've probably bid and lost on 50+ Lincoln and Justice notes at auction. I'm well aware that it is a mental health issue...I spend far more time and energy searching for the notes than the relatively small amount of money I eventually save with my "deal." But for whatever reason, that's how I enjoy doing it. I don't think I would enjoy my notes as much if I just threw down my credit card for high-end notes at the store or bid high at an auction to make sure I won. I'm fully aware that it isn't an efficient way to collect.
Page: of 45 Previous TopicReplies: 663 / Views: 30,463Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05