Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My US Bank Note Type Set

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 689 / Views: 36,993Next Topic
Page: of 46
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Fathers Day everyone!

My wife and kids got me a few notes for Fathers Day. I'll post when I can get pictures.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like every purchase we need a nice set of stamps, so today's stamped package.

As I didn't know who was on the stamp, I had to google it. Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet was an American educator. Along with Laurent Clerc and Mason Cogswell, he co-founded the first permanent institution for the education of the deaf in North America, and he became its first principal.

The note.

This is FR1255, which has a green back and a printed signature of Colby and Spinner. The 3rd issue 10 cents does not have CENTS on the note. This is the only issue without cents.

While I had one, this was one was a high grade. The 3rd issue:

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
64232 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are great! Are these the Father's Day gifts?
Edited by Coinfrog
06/21/2021 11:24 am
Learn More...
United States
108207 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those are great! Are these the Father's Day gifts?

Yep, I got 3 notes, this is number 1 of the gifts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As CaptainCoffee likes to pick on me as I had no star notes, I did notice that I was missing a green seal earlier date star note. So today's pick up is FR 1962-D* which is a Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Series 1950-A) * note.

Learn More...
United States
108207 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So today's pick up is FR 1962-D* which is a Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland (Series 1950-A) * note.
Fantastic!
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice adds. I also have a new addition I will post when I get a chance.
I know you are joking, but to be clear, I suggested you might want 1 (just 1) for completeness sake in your dollar small size type set. Beyond that, it's on you. I don't collect star notes myself because they just don't get me excited. I found one nice common one in circulation once, and that's all I have in my collection. Maybe I'll get a low-end large size star note at some point, just because that star is nice and BIG.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know you are joking, but to be clear, I suggested you might want 1 (just 1) for completeness sake in your dollar small size type set. Beyond that, it's on you. I

I don't know, somehow I remember you "Bullying" me into getting star notes...

JUST KIDDING

I'm like you in that * notes like "fancy" serial numbers really don't interest me.

But in this case, this was a nice pickup of a series that I really don't have. Will I get the $10 and $20 * notes? I don't know.

But sometimes you find a bargain (tomorrow's note) and you can't say no.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last note.

I like to collect by setting a few goals and working to get the coins and notes that meet those goals and while I follow that 95% of the time, I have been known to buy low cost notes that I can see an upside with. So notes that aren't part of my collection, duplicates and even low cost slabbed notes. Today's note was a low cost bargain and while it wasn't one that I was missing it was a Hawaii note and we all love Hawaii notes.

The note:

Learn More...
United States
108207 Posts
Valued Member
United States
499 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I remember like 40 years ago when I was a youngster, the first time I saw a Hawaii note, I was like whaaaaaa? Blew my mind for some reason.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I remember like 40 years ago when I was a youngster, the first time I saw a Hawaii note, I was like whaaaaaa? Blew my mind for some reason.

I'm still like WHAAAAAAA when I see one now
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I figured since I picked up a few different $5 bills, my current $5 Type Set:

Pillar of the Community
United States
2706 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the bills.
Page: of 46 Previous TopicReplies: 689 / Views: 36,993Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: