Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1859 N9 Cent Haxby Pc59-145 45a + I7 ( 9/6 ) Die State Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 339Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  6:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This 45a+I7 has a die crack at leaf 6 in addition to the usual one at leaf 12 and also has some die collapse at leaves 4-7. I was wondering if anyone has any of these with the leaf 6 die crack or possibly even a later state than this? Any help appreciated!

Full reverse I7

Die crack at leaf 6
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2936 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see the coin in hand, but this coin looks alot like a 9/6. It has the same D/C at 12 and the vine break at 2 looks the same as well (but there are 8-10 Revs that have the same vine break at 2. Oh, rats! I now see the title of this post that I didn't read when I first saw it. I'm a doofus

I've had 2 that I no longer have and another that I think is a 9/6 type 1, but the 9 has been damaged. That one has the D/C at 12 and something in the 9 gap, but the inside is damaged. That one has no D/C at 6. I normally don't look at any D/C's except those that are markers, so I don't know if the 2 I sold had anything at 6. I think that bosox has one of mine(the 1st one cert'd by ICCS and the same one in the 2011 Charlton).

Edited by okiecoiner
05/21/2020 06:54 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1478 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I only have one of these and it has no die crack at 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
894 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bosox to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, Bill. I only have one 9/6, the 64RB. No DC at L6.
Pillar of the Community
United States
792 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Phil310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for checking on those.

On the other end of the die states, has anyone ever seen this reverse die (I7) without the die crack at leaf 12? I think there would have to be a few out there, but I've not seen one yet. It might be easy to overlook, since the leaf 12 DC is the marker we tend to look for.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2936 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I looked for years for the 9/6 type 1's after I found the first recorded one over 10 years ago. People who look for the 9/6 don't look for the D/C at 12 as the primary marker when trying to find the 9/6 and looking through thousands of 1859's.... after looking for the proper vine break at 2, they look for the weak imprint inside the loop and for something in the gap between the loop and the tail knob. Only THEN do they look for any D/C at 12. Then they turn the coin over to the Obverse and look for the "flame R/P's on the C in Canada, then the other R/P's/D/C's in Canada & Vicky. Many people have been looking for the 9/6 for years before Haxby's die tracking was even remotely available. I don't think that many sneaked by at all.
Edited by okiecoiner
05/21/2020 11:28 am
Learn More...
Canada
9070 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bill, I still remember your face, at breakfast when Torex was at the Airport Hilton, and Jaime brought his CCCS MS-63RB 1859 for you to "just take a look"... funny thing was, he had no idea his coin was a 9/6, until you told him...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2936 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I remember it well, Roger.... I couldn't believe that he had one, unknowing. And then he wouldn't believe me when I tried telling him. Jaime had bought it just to have an example of a Victoria large cent, nothing special and the auction that he bought it at had no idea either. I think that Jaime traded it to Zonad or papeldog for some nice coins.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1484 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No xtra die crack here(just on 12)
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Canada
793 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2020  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hounddog Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I missed the breakfast but saw Jamie's find in the bar later that day.
For the record I've found two but neither one has the die crack at leaf 6.

Cheers, Bill
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 339Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05