Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Please Grade My $10 North Africa Note

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 195Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1818 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  2:45 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I have 2 of the $10 North Africa Notes. I didn't need this one but the price was great so I didn't say no. But I need a little help on grading this note. I'm really on the fence as to what a grade should be. As far as I know there isn't a photo grade for currency and what I see graded is all over the place. I've seen notes in this condition graded from F15 to VF25.

Some notes: Paper is still crisp. The note has no pinholes (looking at a bright light source). The note has 1 major fold horizontal.

So what would grade this note at:

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
529 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say in the Fine range... the crease keeps it out of the VF range... Just my opinion.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Somewhere warm in Winter
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1982 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's some information on this issue of Emergency Notes. http://oldcurrencyvalues.com/north_...ca_currency/
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47775 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say F-15.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1818 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd say F-15.

I'm leaning toward F15 also. Is there a photograde for currency?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47775 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost impossible to grade most notes EF-40 and higher from pictures - the subtleties of handling are often difficult to catch on a camera, much less a scanner. Try the PMG website for verbal guidelines.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2656 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see it at Fine 15 and maybe even Fine 12. I have a trio of notes I keep in my wallet to show civilians (non-collectors) that I picked up cheap just for this reason. How much worse could they get ?
Learn More...
United States
86068 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have a trio of notes I keep in my wallet to show civilians (non-collectors) that I picked up cheap just for this reason.
Nice "pocket piece" trio! They seem to have held up well.
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd also say F range, the heavy creases are going to make it hard to get to VF.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1818 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the grading. It's still a keeper. It's not often that a low cost North Africa gets dropped on your lap.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05