Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Musicians On Coins - Post Your Examples

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 116 / Views: 4,942Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
2551 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2022  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've noticed I made a mistake with the coin featuring Mykola Lysenko. That coin actually is about Mykhailo Lysenko, a sculptor.
The real Mykola Lysenko was born about half a century earlier (1842-1912). When I get his coin I will post anew and include a link to one of his waltzes.
Edited by NumisEd
09/05/2022 5:00 pm
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2022  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I've noticed I made a mistake with the coin featuring Mykola Lysenko. That coin actually is about Mykhailo Lysenko, a sculptor.

Quote:
The real Mykola Lysenko was born about half a century earlier (1842-1912). When I get his coin I will post anew and include a link to one of his waltzes
Pillar of the Community
United States
2551 Posts
 Posted 09/09/2022  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got two new coins in the mail today from Poland to add to my collection of commemorative coins of composers.
Karol Szymanowski (1882-1937), 10 Zlotych Commemorative, 2007, and Witold Roman Lutoslawski (1913-1994), 10 Zlotych Commemorative, 2013.

Szymanowski was a late Romantic, early Modernist composer influenced by the likes of Wagner, Debussy, Ravel, and Scriabin. He wrote more than 60 compositions, most of them involving a piano. One of these is the Mazurakas Op. 50 & 62.

U5zEv-1pvo4

Lutoslawski was a major composer of the 20th century. His early work was heavily influenced by Polish folk music, whereas in his later life he experimented with the 12-tone system and aleotoric music. A famous composition of his is the Cello Concerto.

_7bZRfrA0qQ

Edited by NumisEd
09/09/2022 7:05 pm
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United Kingdom
11326 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ernest Ansermet, Swiss Conductor:
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have this coin which is a circulation coin...since I'm away from home I am posting a stock picture

Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2551 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have this coin which is a circulation coin...since I'm away from home I am posting a stock picture

Very nice. Who is featured on the coin?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2551 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2022  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a new coin of mine from Austria, featuring Franz Lehar (1870-1948). The 25 Schilling coin commemorates his 100th birthyear. He is mainly known for his operettas, of which the most successful and best known is The Merry Widow ("Die lustige Witwe").

Z3KrQ7UUroY

Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is a new coin of mine from Austria, featuring Franz Lehar (1870-1948). The 25 Schilling coin commemorates his 100th birthyear.
Very nice!
Canada
37 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SMRStars to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Canadian $1 coin is Oscar Peterson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Peterson
Pillar of the Community
United States
2551 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got a new coin in the mail today, a 1992 500 Lire coin from Italy commemorating the 200th birth anniversary of Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868).
Rossini was an Italian composer mostly known for his comic operas like L'italiana in Algeri ("he Italian Girl in Algiers") and Il barbiere di Siviglia ("The Barber of Seville").

OloXRhesab0
Pillar of the Community
United States
698 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2022  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All nice coins being posted!

Sorry this may be getting off topic, not human musician...Roman Empire, silver denarius, Septimius Severus,
reverse: Apollo with Lyre.

If I recall my music history class, little is known of ancient music, except it was likely in minor keys. Notation, staff lines and the major do ray mi...scale weren't invented till much later.

I also have a 16th century vellum page from a hymnal, written in Latin, 33.4cm x 24.6cm.

Edited by livingwater
09/28/2022 11:16 pm
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2022  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Got a new coin in the mail today, a 1992 500 Lire coin from Italy commemorating the 200th birth anniversary of Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868).
Very nice!

Quote:
Sorry this may be getting off topic, not human musician...Roman Empire, silver denarius, Septimius Severus, reverse: Apollo with Lyre.
An interesting example!
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 116 / Views: 4,942Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: