Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Many W Quarters Have You Found?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 7,470Next Topic
Page: of 10
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Therealbb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 2019 W Lowell in first month they came out. Found a River of No Return 2019 W coin roll hunting the other day
Learn More...
United States
102156 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Found a 2019 W Lowell in first month they came out. Found a River of No Return 2019 W coin roll hunting the other day
Excellent!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thomas21w to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First post. Got into the hunt in early 2019 but then really started searching more when I learned more on the West Point quarter. Finally built up to getting some boxes over the summer of 2020 and had a great run early of W's. This weekend I hit the Lowell to complete first set but hoping for a second set. I do this with two other guys and even though we go through 3 boxes a week our hits on the W's have slowed. Anyone else noticing the same? We weren't sure if it was just a cold spell or if they were drying up. Interested to hear feedback.
Learn More...
United States
102156 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5997 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, the W's are starting to get scarcer in the wild. Have been pulling 2 to 6 W's in most of the recent circ boxes my daughter and I have been searching. The last box yielded the big goose egg. When we were getting Unc boxes ....especially 2020 coins..... we usually got between 10 and 30 W's in each box.

As far as W's we found, our total count is somewhere just south of 400 coins. The tough coins for us to find have been the 2019 American Memorial Park (none) and the 2020 Marsh Billings Rockefeller (less than 10). We saw no Unc boxes of those coins!

It was a fun 2 years while it lasted! Searching rolls during the pandemic was a good way to pass the time, too. Reminded me of the times when my uncle and I searched nickel rolls back in the 1960's for Buffalos and war nicks!

I'm glad the mint did the Great American Coin Hunt!

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Thomas21w to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I think I'll continue the hunt at a lesser scale as I still enjoy searching for the S's and silvers but I completely agree that it was a great hobby through the pandemic. 400 is impressive! We are at about 100 but that includes a motherload box of the Kansas.

Funny you say that we also saw no unc of the Marsh Rockefeller but we've seen plenty of the Kansas and Bama releases. We've managed to get 2 of the AMP but also very scarce.

Anyways thanks for the feedback. The hunt continues.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chillbilly to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I still have Texas BU bank rolls that averaged 2 Texas WP per roll. Still have 16 rolls. I also have Idaho rolls those averaged 1 per 100$. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
540 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2021  08:06 am  Show Profile   Check Billie's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Billie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another $200. worth.

No "W"s.

Did find an AU/BU 1983.

Did they even distribute these in the northeast / New England?
Learn More...
United States
102156 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5997 Posts
 Posted 04/29/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Searched a 500$ Loomis box today that the daughter dropped off. It was 50/50 uncirculated Tall Grass Prairie and Tuskeegee Airmen....all Denver Mint coins.

No W's were in the mix! Sad day!

Learn More...
United States
102156 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
1900 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found this in pocket change. Looks like it's been around the block and back.

Learn More...
United States
102156 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just found this in pocket change. Looks like it's been around the block and back.
Fun find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5997 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did a 500$ Loomis circ box on Sunday night. No W's, but a few 21-D Washington Crossing the Delaware coins.

This is the 3rd box in the last 3 weeks with ZERO W's in the mix. A big W drought right now here in N Texas!

The hunt will continue though! Not quite ready to give up, or throw in the towel!
Learn More...
United States
102156 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No W's, but a few 21-D Washington Crossing the Delaware coins.
At least that is something.

Quote:
The hunt will continue though! Not quite ready to give up, or throw in the towel!
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 139 / Views: 7,470Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05