Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Moderator Level Question

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,348Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2289 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2020  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is for sure.

For instance, I have a decent posting count, not huge, but nevertheless I post actively. My opinion isn't very valued I'm sure, as I don't have much experience. I'm only two years into this.
And as an example, Tropicabats has a post count of somewhere around 2400. He posts rarely, yet when he does, it is of the highest quality. He's been at the game for decades.

Very high post counts shows dedication to the forum, but quality is extremely important as well.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Variety Want List: http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best LMC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378053
Best LSC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378041
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14183 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My point was, post quality >> post quantity. I can think of several active posters with high counts, whose opinion would do little to sway mine. Likewise, there are those with low post counts, whose insight is invaluable.

Hmm , maybe I'm not using the right words ; I'm not saying anyone needs a certain amount of posts ,that is irrelevant for Mod designation . What I've been trying to say is we don't want a new member voting or nominating any member . We do want a member of good standing with at least 10,000 posts to do the voting and or nominating . I don't know how else to put it to get my point across . Anyone feel free to chime in .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
2496 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  09:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tbop basically you want to create an Electoral college for cff?

I don't know I would agree. Look if you wanted to be a mod I'm all for that. You're knowledgeable , friendly and easy to talk to.

Having the populace vote when cff is really not a democracy, isn't in my idea a good one. This place needs to be run like a benevolent dictatorship, in the end this is Bobby's kingdom we are visitors. If Bobby keeps it good and welcoming like he is he will get a lot of visitors, if he decides to be draconian, then we may go someplace else. In the end the Terms of Service are the rules one needs to adhere to. A mod just needs to ensure posts follow the TOS, there shouldn't be any popularity of opinions. It's just policy and following of the policy.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36089 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  09:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So as of now,Bobby decides who becomes a MOD? What is the criteria that Bobby goes by to determine who is eligible to become a MOD? We know it is not the number of quality posts.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1379 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know how else to put it to get my point across . Anyone feel free to chime in
Quote:
We do want a member of good standing with at least 10,000 posts to do the voting and or nominating

Quote:
Even after 6 years as a moderator, such a policy would render me ineligible to vote...

Some people just don't post that much and all a mod really needs is to keep things smooth, there is no reason they have to be super knowledgeable. I would think how they treat others would be more important.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2496 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John maybe it's who is a good coin grader
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14183 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't know I would agree. Look if you wanted to be a mod I'm all for that. You're knowledgeable , friendly and easy to talk to.

Who the heck even started this thread anyway ? Lets get this perfectly clear I do not want to be a Mod ,never have and never will . Not that it's a crime to be one and I give kudos to all of our Mods for holding this forum together .
Lets give this thread a rest and let Bobby handle the picking of Mods . Ehh !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2496 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who the heck even started this thread anyway ? Lets get this perfectly clear I do not want to be a Mod ,never have and never will .

Can we nominate T-Bop?
Edited by hfjacinto
06/25/2020 10:08 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36089 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
John maybe it's who is a good coin grader

You sooo funny

Quote:
Who the heck even started this thread anyway ?

Tony that would be me
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3726 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  10:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since Bobby "owns" the forum, there is no reason he cannot consider anyone's nomination for being a moderator, no matter how many posts the person doing the nomination has. I don't see that a rule is needed.

T-BOP, if you have someone in mind, why not just suggest it now to Bobby?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14183 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No thanks , I know when to stay out of the limelight . Bobby is doing just fine on his own .
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2486 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2020  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How many Mod's are there as of now?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1680 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
How many Mod's are there as of now?

Good question but more importantly, how many Mods does it take to run a site this popular? I've always been curious about that. I'm guessing at least 5, but maybe as many as 7-8?
(Especially since no one can be online 24/7, not even jbuck.)
Edited by Petespockets55
06/30/2020 09:11 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4440 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excluding Forum dad/mom. It appears to be there are 13 members with a title of moderator. 3 are inactive with no post in over a year+.

This info can be found in the members section and sort on title.

A lot of work to keep this place together. Nice job all of you from Forum dad/mom to the mods.
Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Edited by scopru
09/19/2020 07:48 am
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 1,348Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05