Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has Anyone Dealt With Bkorgset?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 284Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
58 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2020  10:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In Australia I have now sorted through 6 x 10kg of bulk world coins. It has been enjoyable yet frustrating (had one lot containg 20% (2kg) of Thai bhats plus another seller who said they would ship the coins (older lots) from his parents place in NSW but ended up drop shipping bulk lots from a coin dealer in Qld whom I could have picked them up from and saved $50 freight ) . Might still get some bulk from Oz but looking at getting some from other sources (overseas). Am in the process of getting a refund from one O/S seller on EBay (has been 5 weeks and no tracking provided despite decription saying item would be sent with tracking and priority delivery) but otherwise have not ordered anything else from OS. With EBays ridiculous GSP pricing ($22-25 shipping for a $1 3g farthing ) am looking for non-EBay OS sellers who can supply coins at the rate of $150-200 AUS per 10kg or part thereof. I saw a site called Bkorgset that seem to be an Amazon style platform in the US. They say orders over $40 shipped for free and they do international orders but have yet to see if free shipping applies to OS orders. Has anyone dealt with coin purchases from this site? There seem to be several coin vendors on the site. Is it legit or a site full of dishonest sellers? Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have not dealt with them. But I have dealt with boardwalk numismatics they do sell world coins in bulk.
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chipjones,

Checked them out ... they seem to sell in 100 coin lots which I'm not too keen on. Prefer by weight. At least I can judge comparative pricing. For 100 coins it's AU $30 (discounted). Assuming 100 coins = 1kg then Au$300 per 10kg which is getting pretty expensive. I will however contact the individual sellers later on to see if I can get a better bulk buy and shipping rate or at least semi-customise the coins (I don't want to spend $300 on mostly Lincoln pennies and Thai Bahts!). Do you correspond with or recommend any particular sellers on Boardwalk Numismatics?
Ta
Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please send me a email and I will send you all the info I have.
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Please send me a email and I will send you all the info I have.

Hi Chipjones,

Thanks but it seems as a new member I am deemed to have no need to send you an e-mail and am thus blocked by the powers that be. How long does it take for you not to be considered a noob? If it's anything like outback Ozzie towns it could take decades!!

Pillar of the Community
United States
719 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I remember correctly you need 50 quality post you are almost there.
Valued Member
Australia
58 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

If I remember correctly you need 50 quality post you are almost there.

Ah. Thanks. Will send you an email when I crack 50! Almost there!
Actually, I also turn 50 this year so have almost cracked that milestone as well. Not sure if that is worth getting excited about though!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 284Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05