Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CRH 1967 P LMC Interesting T What's Your Thoughts?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 295Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1243 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  6:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
CRH a old roll of 1967 LMC came across this interesting T. The dies have been worked over and there is a die clash on the reverse. Not sure if this is Doubling or Die Damage what do ya think? and as always Thanks. Also Happy 4th to everyone be safe and don't blow off your coin holding fingers

Edited by Daves Errors
07/03/2020 6:34 pm
Learn More...
United States
16633 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a head scratcher--doesn't really look like MD to me. Maybe a small die gouge?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45633 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  9:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a clash line:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it's a clash, and if coop says it is, I believe him, it's interesting that it's only clashing in that one little spot. Interesting.
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
181 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2020  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those die scratches between LIBERTY and the back of Abe's neck suggest the die was heavily polished after the clash was first discovered, which is probably why only the areas close to the letters show the remaining lines.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45633 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2020  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note the 'Y' on Liberty. Note how it looks a bit reduced in size? SO they may have just polished that area and missed the clash line on the 'T'? That is what I'm seeing on that area.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
1243 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2020  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, you sure Its a Die clash and not posable Doubling on the T ? I was looking at some 1953 DDO on Coppercoin today and there is a DDO and the One in 1953 looks ALOT like the marks on my T ? have a look see. Thanks http://coppercoins.com/lincoln/dies...ie_state=mds
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45633 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On the 1953 It is raised almost as high as the digits. Note the area on the overlays show an exact match for the clash mark. (Which is not raised higher above the field like the DDO is) Note the die scratches below the 'TY' area. They just slighly missed removing 'Y', but didn't see the affected 'T'.
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 295Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05