Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 P Washington DDO-006 FS-102!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 261Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1282 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  07:41 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just got these in the mail. Already slabbed but not noted on the slab. I've been looking for one of these for a while and this was the first time I've seen them on eBay. Yes I said them. What do you think?

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34645 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  08:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like em,are they both DDO? Cost?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1282 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks john1. Yes both are DDO. I got them for around $40 a piece, I bought one then looked at the sellers other items and he had another one for sale! I wasn't sure they were the real deal but the marker on the R was there and I thought I could see the notch on the Y. I knew if I didn't buy both someone else would.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34645 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right place, right time, and armed with knowledge
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4114 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great pick! Been hunting for some slabbed varieties myself.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
1282 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks john1. I learned a lot of it to here. And coinhunter the Washington's seem to be harder to pick that Lincoln's for some reason. I missed a 43S trumpet tail ms64 last week. I was offshore and bid $81. It went for 82.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4114 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a shame. I lost out on some Washington doubled dies yesterday by .50 cents. Not a good feeling is it?

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Pillar of the Community
United States
1282 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea it stinks to miss one. I've won two by accidentally bidding over $500 when I meant to bid $50. Lol. But I'll probably never see another one of its quality.
http://goccf.com/t/360810
Pillar of the Community
United States
4114 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2020  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh that's unfortunate! Sorry to hear that. At least it's a good looking coin and a doubled die. If it was something you weren't super interested in it would have been even more of a bummer!

-CH27

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 261Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05