Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit Toonies Are Going To Be A Significant Problem

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 304 / Views: 28,986Next Topic
Page: of 21
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1853 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ty t_y
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not disagreeing with you andyou are right my post about trading in fakes you get was not thought through. I was simply trying to explain what happened to me. If I walk into a bank and ask them what do I do with a fake If I find it and then without saying anything else they just take it look at it and hand me a real toonie I am not in the wrong. And to assume I know more then the professionals on here would be ignorant. But it's also ignorant for me to not listen to the advice of my financial institution. If I get another fake I'll immediately tell the store cashier's that it's fake and request another. I see the big issue with me condoning the use of these fake coins in my post. And I got defensive about people saying I'm part of the problem,but all I did was seek the advice of professionals at the bank, and then shared with you guys what happened. It is not like I tried to pass off the coin as real I immediately asked what do I do if I find a fake coin. So if the bank should not have done that then I should not be scrutinizied. I know very little and am just starting to learn about stuff. So I did nothing wrong by going to the bank asking what to do. But I apologize fully and it was wrong of me to condone circulating fake currency. So anyone I offended I'm sorry. I appreciate all the advice given to me on this forum. I know some of you have made coins a big part of there lives and have for years and years been studying and collecting etc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1853 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wrekkdd, your enthusiasm is wonderful to see. Your bank was wrong and uneducated in how they dealt with you. They do not have a clue. The banks here cringe when I walk in..... There are MANY knowledgeable people on this website. If the topic is fakes or "ringing coins" you will be steered in the appropriate direction. Be safe and enjoy collecting. MM
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks nickelsguy I'm just getting into coins and am only seeking knowledge. I need to get a magnifying glass or a microscope for coins to start seeing any errors. I think errors are going to be my biggest adventure with coins because they are so rare and I mainly just look at circulated coins, but any ways iv learned alit about fakes and how to properly deal with them. I hope to hear more opinions. Thanks for the lessons you guys are teaching me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
956 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Nickelsguy. Yes you are wright. the problem with counterfeit is more wide problem. First the counterfeiters want to give us out; like this will be less danger for them. I thing behind it is a policy to follow and I hope that the police and the RCMP will go to the bottom of the barrel.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  10:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't understand stat last comment silviosi
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That last comment** sorry auto correct.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
647 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  09:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding the news article from March 2021:

https://www.intelligencer.ca/news/l...-counterfeit

"The Mint has not yet received a specimen of the suspected fraudulent coin."

It is now June. Has the mint received a specimen of the counterfeit coins?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They were sent one back in February. Idk when and if it got there. I do t think they have released anything on them yet
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1853 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The RCM has had examples for a LONG time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks nickelsguy, I couldn't find the info. I wonder what the plan is and why they are taking so long to confirm the circulation of these fakes.
Learn More...
Canada
9846 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suspect the lack of response or acknowledgement from both the Royal Canadian Mint and the RCMP is because it is probably part of an ongoing investigation.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SPP-ottowa I agree, they may be doing a sting kind of investigation
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This topic seems to have been hi-jacked over the last 3 days. It would be nice to see it back on track with the information it had been providing and not repeated comments from someone who doesn't seem to be able to understand guidance from those who have the knowledge to share.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The topic has been put back on track and I'm still learning and am accepting the knowledge given, that dosnt mean I shouldn't seek. If your going to comment about someone (assuming me) maybe read through the whole comments not just skim. And try and stir up an issue. I still stuck to my point that I did nothing wrong by seeking information. The issue was my other post encouraging people to do something that they shouldn't and I apologize for that so move on.
Page: of 21 Previous TopicReplies: 304 / Views: 28,986Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05