Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit Toonies Are Going To Be A Significant Problem

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 386 / Views: 35,988Next Topic
Page: of 26
Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have too agree with SPP. I don't see how an impared PL would look like that.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Madmax8991 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ShareBear I got this coin a few months ago near valleyfield and have been looking for more information on it since like SP67 said it was a facebook post a while back its that specific coin I made a post about it and talk a bit with eric the group founder about it and he also did a post everything is off about it the look the sound when you drop ot on ceramic doesn't like a real or any of the cameltoe one that I have its not magnetic the coin weight 7.7g
Valued Member
Canada
441 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Madmax8991 thank you. From your response it looks like this coin was found in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield Quebec. Perhaps this is a new Montreal Mint coin.
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonietoons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Madmax8991
"doesn't sound like any of the other fakes I have" I hate to state to state the obvious, but you do realize that being in possession of counterfeit currency is a crime - right? It's also kind of hard for cops to do their job if they never see these coins (because they're in someone's "collection").
Just saying...
Pillar of the Community
Canada
690 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@loonietoons
So you start an account, contribute nothing worthwhile and your first post is to point the finger at a collector!? Do some reading and you will find that there are many of these counterfeits in circulation and that the police have no interest in doing anything about it.

If you're going to be a meanie, maybe this isn't the site for you loonietoons. Find a different playground.
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonietoons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TheDeductible
Sorry, but there's nothing mean about my post at all. One of the most respected contributors in this group would/will tell you the same thing. If you're collecting counterfeits, you are part of the problem...that's the only message I'm trying to convey.
Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you're collecting counterfeits, you are part of the problem...that's the only message I'm trying to convey.

That's been stated on more than one occasion especially in this thread.. Nevertheless here we are trying to identify them. Why not educate everyone to know the difference?
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
loonietoons, to the Community!

Quote:
That's been stated on more than one occasion especially in this thread.. Nevertheless here we are trying to identify them. Why not educate everyone to know the difference?
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yet another new obverse has been discovered for the Camel Toe counterfeit toonies. This time it's a 2010 date!

Also new are two additional 2004 die crack varieties (CT04-3 and CT04-4), a 2006 die crack that has become progressive (CT06-2), and a new reverse die crack (H).

For more information, visit https://CamelToeToonies.ca

On another note, with regards to the 2008-dated alleged counterfeit, I am hesitant to call it a fake but it definitely appears to have been beaten up pretty bad. If it is a fake, it would not be a Camel Toe toonie. It also does not bear the hallmarks of the Montreal Mint counterfeits. Perhaps the owner could reach out to me privately?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The recent post on the fake non magnetic toonie does not seem to match any of the current counterfeit toonies but imo looks the worst of all of them and with it being non magnetic it is like a garage job. I'll keep my eye out for the 2010 fakes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1877 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good Job B! MM
Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update! Do you have any shots of the reverse? I'd like to see how they fared with the security mark.
Edited by coinman91
10/15/2021 7:09 pm
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks for the update! Do you have any shots of the reverse? I'd like to see how they fared with the security mark.

Being a 2010, this does not have the upgraded security features. The reverse is the same as all other Camel Toe toonies. The single one found does not have any defects such as die cracks, etc.

I've also recently found some additional 2007s. So far, none of them have any defects either. Of the two 2005As that have been seen, one features die crack CT05A-1 and the other is plain. Both 2005As seen feature the RC1 reverse die clash.
Edited by BWJM
10/15/2021 9:17 pm
Valued Member
Canada
399 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BWJM! Very informative.
Learn More...
United States
106306 Posts
Page: of 26 Previous TopicReplies: 386 / Views: 35,988Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: