Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit Toonies Are Going To Be A Significant Problem

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 392 / Views: 36,586Next Topic
Page: of 27
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin on the right in the above images is a Montreal Mint counterfeit. It is catalogued on CamelToeToonies.ca as MTL04.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
as a newbie am I allowed to show pics got someone to take pics
Yes, you are allowed to upload photos! They are always appreciated.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zears99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes I agree that twoonie on right 2004 mont ,mint rim much wider plus the details on both sides seem worn I also have a 2005 mont fake
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zears99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hi I just noticed someone selling on ebay a fake 2006 with a die crack, wonder the repercussions
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Report it to eBay as a counterfeit. Email me the item ID number and I'll do the same.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2247 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Over the past week I received four (4) fake toonies in my change.
Is anyone else finding more fake toonies?
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been seeing a significant uptick. My average through October is now 1.3%. It was half that in July.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zears99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
bidding ends in 11 mins not sure where to find item number sorry
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zears99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
unfortunatley darryl-2 I'm still finding them also my buddy own a laundromat and ive been bugging him for the toonie before he returns to bank. the downside is that collectors or anyone else with a great eye take the hit with the loss
on catching these toonies
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the item, reported it to eBay as a counterfeit and have informed the seller.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21486 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2021  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The new fakes with the polar bear foot claw are considered legal tender atm so it's not illegal for stores people or even banks to accept them and give them out, so the new fakes can be sold

Sorry, but that is just ridiculous.
Valued Member
Canada
425 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed.. In no way are these considered legal tender.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2105 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that was me, and I have been educated since. I apologize for my early ignorance on this topic.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 11/07/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zears99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i found these today , the fakes are going wild still but keeping this one as it has features unlike the others

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2247 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There have been a few of them found like yours zears99.
Page: of 27 Previous TopicReplies: 392 / Views: 36,586Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: