Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit Toonies Are Going To Be A Significant Problem

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 477 / Views: 49,913Next Topic
Page: of 32
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonietoons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Pacificoin
Great idea, but Terry Fox is already on the 2005 Loonie
Pillar of the Community
Germany
737 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Terry Fox is already on the 2005 Loonie

He is (was?) also on the short list for being on the new $5 bank note.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1949 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This entire mess falls directly on the feet of the RCMP, the OPP, Politicians, the RCM as well as the main stream press. Each and every one of them had the opportunity to get involved. The little town newspaper in Belleville was the only one to print a story. Not counting CCN. All police agencies passed the "buck"....LOLOL.....the RCM did the stop-drop and roll bit, but man oh man get out of the way of the satiracle toonie in Hawksbury.
Brent, you did magnificent work on the website (cameltoetoonies), wilsonwu your insights and thoughts were spot on. I kicked, yelled, screamed and showed many in authority actual fakes.....deaf ears......CBC radio wanted to talk....once they found out it was actual counterfiets and not the joke coins......they begged off.......very frustrating. Now watch the little people pay for it in deposit seizures........well done all here who got involved. Our voices were the driving force. MM
Valued Member
Canada
461 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2022  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty sure given that the weight is the same as the new security toonies the fakes work on vending machines.

So they would have to come up with a new design and reprogram everything.

So the government as zero incentive to acknowledged the problem.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
675 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2022  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mike for your persistence!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
608 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First full die clash I've seen. CT96OC8 I believe according to BWJM numbers.
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4287 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! What a great clash! Is it a real coin or camel-toe?
Canada
26 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BWJM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a Camel Toe toonie.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2270 Posts
 Posted 05/13/2022  11:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have to ask, has ICCS, PCGS, CCCS or NCG been fooled by the Camel Toe Toonie ?
Have any of the fakes been found in one of the grading companies holders?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
621 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t_y to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Edited by t_y
05/14/2022 12:29 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2270 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  07:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
608 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2022  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Okie! Yes definitely a cameltoe but that is a good question as to whether or not one's been graded. Somehow I'm doubtful though as I spot these out like a silver quarter amongst clad.
RCNA Member

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Page: of 32 Previous TopicReplies: 477 / Views: 49,913Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: