Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Comments On TPG

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 305Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
585 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  09:58 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I saw a BCS TPG with the comments Planchet removed. Whats that and is this a defect or damage?

Thank you in advance
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4559 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some one ripped the dots off to see if it was real.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
585 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hurts the value I guess?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4559 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For sure, but it was kind of normal in the series that had the embedded dots for tellers or cashiers to pick a dot off to confirm the bill is ok.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I under stand. The note is a 1975 $10 L/B EDX graded AU 58 from BCS. So it wasn't circulated much. It did not how ever have the "original" designation.

The not sold for around $200 cad. I did not get it, I stoped bidding at this amount for the uncertainty of the lose of value with the missing dots. Now I am well educated of the subject. Thank you!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4559 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I first started collecting coins a wise collector told me never buy a problem coin, it will always be a problem when you try to sell or trade, as I crossed into currency they are even more concerned about problem notes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
585 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with that, I hesitate to purchase notes that don't have the EPQ or PPQ designation.

I just got this response from BCS:

Planchet Removed" means someone has removed one of the little green dots embedded within the paper known as "planchets". These are security devices on notes, but they are removable. When one has been removed, I make mention of it.

I hope that answered your question.

Steven Bell
BCS Ltd.

So they will but that designation even if one dot is removed.

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05