Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D Close AM Found, Pictures Included

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 101 / Views: 3,118Next Topic
Page: of 7
Pillar of the Community
United States
4212 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please, do yourself and that spectacular find a huge favor and go with PCGS. ICG is not one to send your coins to.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taylorism to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately budget-wise I can't do a membership to PCGS right now.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4212 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ANACS always run deals and they are the least expensive of the Big 3. I would check out their website.
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taylorism to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's good advice! I might just wait till I can get the membership. You're right that it's an important coin.
Valued Member
United States
490 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the find! That would be a smart move to save up until you afford PCGS. If you sell it, you will easily recoup your costs of a membership/fees.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7191 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Taylorism. I work at a coin shop in Maryland. We'd be more than happy to send it in on your behalf as long as you pay the grading fees. If you're interested please let me know. ANACS or ICG wouls be a disservice. You could even choose between PCGS or NGC, though personally I'd recommend PCGS.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taylorism to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@GrapeCollects I really appreciate that offer and might take you up on that! I am gonna take a look at the costs and see which way forward works best. I'm still blown away that I just pulled this coin out of a roll. What an awesome hobby!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6416 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since the masses are inclined to pay more for PCGS labels - it would probably be smart to take GrapeCollects up on this offer if you are going to sell it. As a collector though, always remember to buy the coin and not the slab.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3186 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
GrapeCollects is definitely a good guy, and I would take him up on his offer to help get your coin PCGS graded, as it deserves to be!

Wow! Congrats on such an awesome find! May you have many other such finds in your coin collecting future!

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tom smith coin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2413 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2020  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done! Rarities are out there, but your find is quite a spectacular one.

I will also vouch for Grapes as he has sent in some things for me as well and I consider him a good friend.

Seriously, pretty much should only go with PCGS for this one. The fact is, if you ever decide to sell it, the buyer will almost certainly be someone who wants it in a PCGS holder. It's a registry coin and those folks want PCGS. In any other holder they will just have to send it to PCGS anyway, and risk a lower grade than what the other company put on it. Risk lowers the sale price, so best to just have it in PCGS and get full pop when you decide to sell it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34692 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  04:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Taylorism,
How about a little back story. You said you found it roll searching,how did you know to look for it?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Taylorism to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just simply created a cherry picker's list from some examples I found online. I have that set up next to me while I hunt through rolls. I might've missed it if it weren't for the fact that there were two 1992 cents just a few coins apart, and I noticed the difference. Honestly, I knew it was a variety,but didn't know how rare it was till the next day when I did a little more research.
Edited by Taylorism
08/01/2020 11:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What would something like this today graded by PCGS fetch? They are ultra rare and as time goes by 1992 cents will become more and more scarce....
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Congrats. That is an incredible find.

Just FYI, BlueRidgeSilverHound put the find / pictures up (with attribution) on his Youtube channel. I'm not sure if that's a bad or good thing, and will let others deal with it.

Page: of 7 Previous TopicReplies: 101 / Views: 3,118Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.14 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05