Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1943 S LWC DDO-001 FS-101 PCGS MS-64

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 217Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1352 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  08:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got this one recently for $20 but didn't want to post it because the seller had another one up for auction. This one didn't get spotted but the other one did. It was graded a 66 and I bid it up to around $170. I didn't feel I could turn a profit on it over that but long story short, one of you guys got an expensive version of this coin last night. I wanted that one too. These do come up every now and then. I missed a 67 version of this die as well. They're easy to spot so you're generally in competition with other pickers.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1524 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add QuarterHoarder72 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very awesome! Always nice to grab one up that's already certified.
What you can buy for a dollar now days.....is absolute non cents!
Best Cherrypicks/finds:
1909 LWC V.D.B FS-1101
http://goccf.com/t/357327
1956-D LWC Dropped Letter
http://goccf.com/t/372520
Pillar of the Community
United States
4241 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2020  10:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing pick! I was bidding on this one. I was disappointed I lost it but I'm happy to see it was you who outbid me!

-CH27
Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds.

Edited by CoinHunter27
08/14/2020 12:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2534 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  12:55 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Will, Finally getting a chance to catch up on things but already getting late. I got back from essentially all summer in the field and wasn't able to do much cherrypicking. Still haven't much time yet, but I have started looking again and my first good find was...that MS-66 coin. Given the grade and that it's in my prime collection of DDO-001 coins, I bid high and beat you out. Sorry about that! I didn't know you were after it. I'll post some photos once it comes in.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 217Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.71 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05