Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCl Secure's Charlie Chaplin Note Introduces The Cinema Security Feature For Guardian Polymer Note

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,891Next Topic
Page: of 3
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1420 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  8:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A revolutionary new security feature has been launched to make polymer banknotes even more secure. The Cinema feature from global polymer banknote experts CCL Secure and developed and printed by PWPW, the Polish Security Printing Works in Warsaw, adds 3-dimensional and movement effects integrated directly onto the polymer substrate. The resulting effect is instantly recognisable with the naked eye and a clear sign that the note is genuine without any need for special lighting.

9xPIkVhpfOo

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18529 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2020  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need an individually different mechanism similar to this, perhaps based on a numbering system, for each individual credit card on the Planet.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2020  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's pretty cool. I wonder how that cinema section holds up to folds and wear and tear.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1319 Posts
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add currencyden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first note to use the new Cinema feature is the Lebanon 100,000 Livres note. It was a nomination for the 2020 IBNS Bank Note of the Year. You can view all these nominations from a presentation I am giving tomorrow. I saved the Power Point presentation as a pdf on my web page here:
http://currency_den.tripod.com/bnoy.pdf

I have released the book "Security Features of Modern Banknotes" which has this and 200+ more trade name security devices annotated with images. Information about this book is here:
http://currency_den.tripod.com/Travis/travis.html
Valued Member
United States
475 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  02:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really want to see the US get onto the polymer note trend, the features and capabilities of the medium are just so awesome
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1319 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2021  09:44 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice slides presentation of the IBNS banknote nominees. I really like the various TDLR 20 polymers from the UK (especially Scotland). It's interesting to see the other printers many of which I've never heard of. I also like the 100 Pesos from Mexico. Nice slides presentation - thanks for sharing!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11025 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really want to see the US get onto the polymer note trend, the features and capabilities of the medium are just so awesome

I agree. But I'm not holding my breath. Too many people making too much money to expect any kind of change. The most recent $50 (my favorite U.S. modern) is about as close as we're getting to any of that cutting-edge stuff.
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add currencyden to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other reason the US won't switch to polymer notes is banknote wear. Back in 1996, the $1 lasted about 18 months. By 2012, it was up to 70 months - and the lifespan continues to grow. Some of this is banknote improvements, but the main reason is....no use. Who's using cash now? Of course illegal operations still use a lot of cash, but mostly $100 bills. I went to the first anti-counterfeiting conference in Las Vegas 3 years ago. Lots of banknote producers there. The elephant in the building was "How do we get people to keep using banknotes?" Day 2 I went to get a snack in the same area as the forums. I offered cash & exact change & said "I'm sure you can use the small bills & coins." The cashier said "Not really, you're the first person to pay with money in 2 days." If moneymakers don't use cash, what does that tell you?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4732 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The US will never go poly however secure they are due to intense lobbying by a couple companies, they still produce a penny which almost every country has abandon, There is a segment of the economy that will always need cash
Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If moneymakers don't use cash, what does that tell you?
Oh my! You would certainly expect them to eat their own dog food.

Quote:
they still produce a penny which almost every country has abandon,
The US cent is twenty to thirty years past its expiry date.
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
(DANGER: my 2-cents ahead...)

I don't want the US to switch because when it comes to our currency, I am extremely selfish... I want good ol' intaglio printing on good ol' rag paper made here in New England... I don't mind the watermarks and special inks, even the security strips. But once you get past those and into things like plastics and other gimmicks, it ceases to be money and becomes... well gimmicks... like self-stick postage stamps that only take computer skill to create...

HAVING SAID THAT, it are those very gimmicks that (supposedly) make a note harder to counterfeit. They are developed for a reason, a very valid one!

BUT, think about THAT a little... with the overall death of intaglio printing on stamps and pretty much everywhere else, and even with the sometime-replacement of such technology with "computer engraving" like with some modern French postage stamps, that means few people will have the skills to recreate notes made by such "old technology".

THEREFORE... a note printed with "old technology" will need to be copied by either 1) a very old counterfeiter with old equipment 2) young counterfeiters with very old equipment 3) someone good at forging security paper.

BUT... a modern note needs someone with knowledge of paper and also 1) holograms 2) plastics 3) security inks 4) computers, etc etc etc.

AND SO if you want security in your currency, DO NOT HIRE ME TO CREATE IT FOR YOU!

Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
Valued Member
United States
438 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Tell us how you really feel!

OK!!! NOW, what I think is..................................

Learn More...
United States
100593 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2021  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
OK!!! NOW, what I think is..................................
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 44 / Views: 1,891Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05