Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

United States Mint Announces Mayflower 400th Anniversary Program Products

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 211 / Views: 7,687Next Topic
Page: of 15
Pillar of the Community
United States
1255 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$150 for the set!

I guess I shouldn't be surprised given the exorbitant price increases as of late, but that's still crazy.

Quote:
I just hope I can afford it with the upcoming price increases. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to the 2020 Women's Suffrage dollar/medal set, both in packaging and price.

Well suffice to say I can't afford this set...
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only $30 more than the Women's Suffrage dollar/medal set, so there is that.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1611 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm also in on the silver set despite my dislike of the queens portrait on the obverse.

I just put the reverse side up and don't flip the coins over. Actually, that's the way that they come if I remember correctly. I think The Royal Mint's reverse designs are great, but I'd be happier if they just left the obverse blank.

Quote:
I am curious if The Royal Mint is going to sell this set as well. Then I will have the decision as to which silver one to get.

Yes.
https://www.royalmint.com/register-...-joint-sets/
Edited by Bret
10/19/2020 3:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
388 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry forgot the gold ones

Pillar of the Community
United States
1255 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only $30 more than the Women's Suffrage dollar/medal set, so there is that.

That is true, although I thought the $20 price increase for the Women's Suffrage set from last year's American Legion set was steep, especially since that increase was announced before silver went up. The price increase for the Mayflower set is arguably worse because there's no commemorative surcharge, so it's really more like a $40 price increase from the Women's Suffrage set and $100 above silver spot. Obviously there's a numismatic premium and some extra costs associated with a joint set, but I just can't see a justification for this set to cost $150.
Edited by CollegeBarbers
10/20/2020 06:47 am
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That is true, although I thought the $20 price increase for the Women's Suffrage set from last year's American Legion set was steep...
Yes, this is true.
Valued Member
United States
97 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like the mint just posted the packaging photos on their website today. Looks similar to Pride of Two Nations set.
Edited by Eagle4Life
10/21/2020 6:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why they didn't put the Mayflower 400th Anniversary Silver Reverse Proof coin and Medal together instead of the proof set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1611 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They're going on sale at 9:00am eastern. I don't remember seeing that done before.
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like the mint just posted the packaging photos on their website today. Looks similar to Pride of Two Nations set.
Excellent.

Quote:
They're going on sale at 9:00am eastern. I don't remember seeing that done before.
Just noticed that. Have to be ready earlier. Will work out better for me though since I have a 10 am meeting that day which could run long.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It going to be hard to get both the set and the Reverse Proof or even one of them I think. I like to get both if I could if not the set would be ok with me.
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2020  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be happy with just the set. I do not feel a need to get the reverse proof medal.
Valued Member
United States
139 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  11:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the price update on the gold coins. I am only interested in the denominated coins.
Edited by Erscolo
10/25/2020 11:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1255 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I really like the packaging for the coin and medal set. Very nice! Also see it has a product like of 9,200 sets. Should be an interesting morning.
Learn More...
United States
92254 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Should be an interesting morning
But hopefully not too interesting!
Page: of 15 Previous TopicReplies: 211 / Views: 7,687Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05