Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Privy Mark On Mor Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 285Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
315 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  3:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Starting to sort and noodle $1 coins and have a quick question. I know the A, U, S privy marks for the 2019 coins are located under the forearm(leg) of the largest roo. Is this the case for all privy marks on MOR coins? It will be quicker noodling if I know I only have to look in one area.

Thanks
Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I know the A, U, S privy marks for the 2019 coins are located under the forearm(leg) of the largest roo. Is this the case for all privy marks on MOR coins?

David offhand I can't think of any other circulating MOR $1 coins that have a privy mark besides the ones that you have mentioned ... is there a particular privy mark(s) that you have are looking for?
Valued Member
Australia
315 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2020  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coaster - Example - The 2015 MOR apparently has six privy marks. I know the 6 privy coins are NCLT and hence very unlikely to turn up in loose change but stranger things have happened. Have withdrawn $1000 in $1 and $800 in $2 to keep me occupied over the wet weekend so figured I might as well ensure I don't miss anything. Not chasing any particular privy marks but would be awesome to get any NCLT including privy marked coins. Can noodle a lot faster if I know I have to only check one area of the coin
Edited by David Graham
09/10/2020 7:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
711 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any non-circulating $1 MOR coin that I am aware of always has the privy mark in the same location as the AUS coins. e.g. this recent 2020 NCLT coin displaying a black swan privy mark

Good luck with your noodling this weekend David ... and don't forget to post your finds!

Pillar of the Community
Australia
813 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2020  03:46 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes that would be correct no privy marks other than 2019 a u s $1 coins, note most privy marks are placed on bullion coins for overseas events or markets.

A great way to remember that event, although dat expensive at times, really don't think that some of the ANDA cancel event shouldn't have sold online. Oh well some people got to collect.
Edited by ryurazu
09/11/2020 03:49 am
Valued Member
Australia
315 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Ryurazu and Coaster. Well definitely post my finds.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 285Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05