Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any One Who Is Selling On Ebay Please Take Note Of This Buyer.. Mgreen3481

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 9,363Next Topic
Page: of 10
Valued Member
Canada
276 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  5:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my knowledge several sellers have contacted eBay about him today. I had 15-20 messages back and forth with mgreen3481 yesterday hoping to help him see that what he's doing wrong and very obvious.

According to his feedback he claimed 18 items were lost in the mail. And he has left negative feedback for 23 items claiming they werent received. This doesn't give us an idea of how many times he's claimed he didnt receive an item but its clearly more than a reasonable amount. I pointed this out to eBay and even shared this link with them. Keep the info coming and report him if you've had a bad experience with him and maybe just maybe eBay will do the right thing and protect us hard working HONEST sellers by blocking this criminal.
Valued Member
Canada
276 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy888 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way mgreen is aware of this thread about him and has said the following to me:

"Just go and keep digging and form your little gang of disgruntled rip off sellers and I will take all of you little b*tches on."

So cmon y'all, lets do what he's asking and take him on! Please report him if he's ripped you off in the past or present!
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wistro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off, I do not post many replies, but do read topics and comments from time to time.

We are a big seller on Ebay, and have unfortunately also run into this scammer.

I have spent some time on the phone with ebay regarding this particular buyer, and they are aware, and "investigating" his actions. However, as ebay is supporting the buyer more and more with their no hassle guarantee, any seller that ships to this clown without tracking will get ripped off. Problem is this: sellers want to sell their coins, coins that are lower value - say 10-30$ are difficult to move when we need to charge $15+ for shipping them with tracking (canada post)
So, we often just use regular mail $1-$2 (no tracking) But with this low shipping (or free) we sell alot of coins. Weird tradeoff.

It is not that we as sellers need to do anything differently, it is just the unfortunate reality that only 99.9% of buyers (and people in general) are honest, so when the 0.1% come along and deliberately steal our coins, it is very annoying.

Consider this, if you operate a grocery store, there is some slippage when someone eats out of the bulk foods, or eats a banana while shopping. Yes it's also stealing, but probably there is some budgeting for this loss. Slippage while running a business is just reality.

The only thing that is possible to do is for sellers to actually PHONE ebay every single time he starts a claim to report him. This creates that track record to get him kicked off.

But I will also say, that right now, Ebay is doing their worst possible effort to get rid of this guy. I know more than 20 sellers, including us that have now lost 3,4, or 5 items to him. The message is already clear for Ebay, but they still do nothing to protect the good guys.

Next problem is, This is an Actual scammer, when he does get shut down, he will (or already has) create a new user ID and we will not see him coming in time to block him.

Just do your best to warn others so they can block him now. Simply go to his recent feedback, and click the sellers who's systems automatically give good feedback upon payment, and warn them. Some might not have shipped yet and will be saved.

Another thing that sellers can do in the future. Change your settings regarding feedback right now. You should ONLY leave feedback when you have received positive feedback from your customer. Then you know they are happy and have received their item. Just because they pay right away doesn't mean they are good or great. This also leaves you the opportunity to leave a warning comment later, like if you read this clown's recent feedback.

Anyways, didn't mean to jump in with a rant, just to support everyone that's getting ripped off and let you know that we've got ripped off too by this guy.

Good Vibes to all of you. Keep collecting, Keep Stacking, and keep hunting!

WISTRO

Canada
6 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add igiveup to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well he got me too, ive been on ebay for over 20 years and always had 100% positive feedback, ive enjoyed this hobbey for years until I lost my wife and battling depression, not trying to get pity or vent but I just recently started selling again and unfortunatly this scammer bought a coin from me, he put the claim in and within 2 hours I responded and said there might be a delay because of covid , he threatened that if I didnt send him the money back immediately he will leave very bad feedback, while I was on chat with ebay he did leave terrible feedback and ruined my perfect 100% , after reading more of his feedbacks ive reported him to ebay . if ebay sides with him I give up and will close my ebay account for good!! , it sucks ebay allows this kind of behavior from a buyer! , and gets good sellers to stop selling.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3554 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Repeat , Rinse ........Never , ever, ever, ever, ship NOT Tracked .
On EBay with their model , you as a seller are leaving your self wide open to jeopardizing
or even losing your selling account
Adopt a business model that includes TRACKED Shipping only or you are going to be in a
world of hurt in the EBay realm . They ALWAYS back the buyer , with few exceptions.
This guy is an obvious wing nut , I have Emails that were forwarded to EBAY yesterday .
They were abusive and fanciful to say the least! I have NEVER had a transaction with him
save adding him to my blocked list awhile ago . I just had a gut feeling he was bad news .
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7745 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  11:52 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He is guilty of theft. Can't the FBI get involved?

Thanks for the warning, have blocked him.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3554 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
" He is guilty of theft. Can't the FBI get involved? "
It is CANADA , we don't have FBI.
The best you can do is involve Canada Post security and or the local police .
Postal theft , fraud is not as serious in Canada as it is in the USA .
Learn More...
United States
29615 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Leave your bicycle unlocked on a busy street, and someone is eventually going to steal it.

Ship eBay items without tracking, and someone is eventually going to claim they didn't receive it (and you can't prove otherwise).

I have shipped hundreds of coins without tracking and only one person claimed they didn't receive it. I made the decision to ship without tracking, so I take responsibility for my actions.

That said, eBay does sometimes catch on when a buyer files "too many" buyer protection claims.
Show your appreciation for the Coin Community Family (click here)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1504 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well he got me too, ive been on ebay for over 20 years and always had 100% positive feedback

It's not really hard to get eBay to remove negative feedback, especially if you do refund the customer.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3193 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
well every time a seller refunds this clown, ebay loses their fees, so it would be in their best interest to remove him.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1504 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly, even if that was not the case, but it might be in the sellers best interest for him to continue using that account instead of having to wait and see what he names the new one.
Edited by Gincoin43
09/26/2020 3:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3526 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  7:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
" He is guilty of theft. Can't the FBI get involved? "
It is CANADA , we don't have FBI.

I think in Canada you can call the local government officials and they will send someone over to beat up his dad. I might have that wrong however.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2545 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it might be in the sellers best interest for him to continue using that account instead of having to wait and see what he names the new one.

Everyone should keep a record of his name and address. That will be harder for him to change than his eBay user name.
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Roundearther to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, looks like he got another one....me! Seems he's got quite a history of scamming people and trashing their hard earned reputations, my 100% positive feedback just got ruined after nearly 18 years.

I will be in touch with his local police and will be reporting this scammer, I would appreciate any of you who have also been victimized do the same so we can get this scumbag off eBay now before he rips anyone else off. It's the ONLY way to stop him.
Learn More...
United States
92401 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community, igiveup and Roundearther. I wish it were for better reasons.
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 9,363Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05