Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any One Who Is Selling On Ebay Please Take Note Of This Buyer.. Mgreen3481

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 10,761Next Topic
Page: of 10
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1858myfav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good news on a Saturday!

This morning, I received an email and had a subsequent phone conversation with Toronto Police Detective Wing Yin Kwok, whose contact information is:

D/C KWOK #11404
13 Division CIB
Toronto Police Service
(416)-808-1304
WingYin.Kwok@torontopolice.on.ca

Detective Kwok is on the case and needs to receive everyone's evidence. He asks that you first file a supplemental police report here: https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/cor...l_report.php , referencing the report number I filed: 2020-9025924. I used the "Theft under $5000" category. You can contact him directly at the above phone number, however he said he will need your information in writing, so please file a report first.

Please help me get the word out to all the Sellers you know who have been defrauded. This is our opportunity to bring mgreen3481 to justice. Please invest 5-10 minutes to file a report and forward this message to all other sellers you know you have been defrauded. Many thanks!
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received a reply from ebay. Looks like they might do something about this but I will continue to follow-up with them. Here's what ebay said:
Thanks for contacting eBay about the (392966258281) that you recently sold. I understand that you already refunded the buyer. First, let me thank you for the time and effort you exerted in resolving this case. Your patience is truly commendable. Let me make this right for you today.

after reviewing the details of your case, I see that it's already closed because you already issued the full refund to the buyer. Rest assured that this will not count against your seller performance standards.

I'm sorry to hear that this buyer has been claiming refunds from many eBay sellers recently for the same reason. We appreciate that you already reported the buyer with the Toronto Police. Rest assured that this will be documented and the buyer will be investigated since you already reported the buyer on site as well.

I appreciate your patience and understanding.

I am confident that I have resolved your issue to your satisfaction. We are proud to have you as part of our business, and we look forward to many years of working together.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1858myfav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fsiz1, I believe we have all received a similar ebay standard email. In addition to the update I just posted, I spoke to another ebay representative today who has a close friend working in the ebay Buyer fraud department. He sent an internal message to him directly to try and get some extraordinary attention paid to mgreen3481 - we'll see.

In the meantime, everybody file a TPS report cross-referencing police report number 2020-9025924. THANKS to all for pitching in!
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey 1858myfav that's great news & thanks for sharing! I filed my report (referencing yours) earlier today as well, also as "theft under $5000".
Please keep us posted if anything & I'll do likewise.
Learn More...
United States
94325 Posts
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 11/05/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swabiwal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another around $12 refund to mgreen3481.Almost everything without tracking he buys,he claimed item not received and Ebay blindly grant him refund if I dont.Very upset and frustrated with this situation.
United States
10 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1858myfav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
swabiwal, Sorry to hear of your loss. Please take action per my above 10/31 post. It will make a difference.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5756 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Every report filed, no matter the amount of loss, adds to the ammunition the police need to put this scammer out of business.

Bottom line ..... File a report!
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swabiwal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I tried to file police report with toronto police through the link provided in this post but as I am located in BC,I type my phone number it keep telling invalid phone number.
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  8:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swabiwal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
another item not received case $39 today from me....I am very frustrated and sad...
Canada
15 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add swabiwal to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this $39 item not received by the same guy mgreen3481
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Att'n swabiwal, when you try to submit the police report, use hyphens in your phone #. IE 604-555-5555.
The report didn't go through for me either the first time because I didn't use hyphens. Give it a shot & hope it works.

Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As expected the coin I shipped after the one I refunded, but before that case was opened, has now had another ebay "not received" case opened by mgreen3481.
I advised ebay that I will not be issuing this subsequent refund. We'll see where that ends up.
I will also email the details to the Toronto Police Detective (Kwok) who is on the case per 1858myfav.
Keep the pressure on wherever we can and I don't intend to even try to reply or contact this mgreen3481 bozo. No point.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3654 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't even feel sorry for you if you ship untracked !
You WILL lose Every time !
Canada
20 Posts
 Posted 11/06/2020  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fslz1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pacificoin, thanks for your input. I respectfully disagree. I do feel badly for sellers who make the effort to sell affordably priced coins where the added expense of tracking would disqualify hundreds of cost-conscious collectors, including beginners, from purchasing.
Please keep in mind USA based sellers can ship domestically with tracking for a far more reasonable cost than Canadian based sellers shipping domestically. By that I mean 50-75% less even after currency exchange.
Perhaps you don't sell inexpensive coins. Your choice, just like mine is to do so because I believe in encouraging all to enjoy the hobby. Not just folks who have the money.
Thanks again for your input. Best of luck with your selling!!
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 148 / Views: 10,761Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05