Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1988 Lincoln Memorial Cent Doubled Die - WDDO-008 (Ddo-002)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 173Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2599 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  9:59 pm Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently put up a 1988 DDO-001 noting I had two more doubled dies from that year to work out. I did that, and they are both WDDO-008, which I am pretty darn certain is also DDO-002.

Pretty similar to the DDO-001 so usually wouldn't have posted them, but there is some remarkable doubling on IGWT on these so figured worth putting up.

The two are in different die stages, but clearly show the two markers noted in the pics (as seen on WDDO-008). The doubling matches and pretty sure I can see one of the markers in the photos on VV so I'm going with it also as DDO-002.

1988 Lincoln Memorial cent Doubled Die - WDDO-008 (DDO-002)

Pillar of the Community
United States
1168 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  10:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one! IGWT does look great. Thanks for sharing
Pillar of the Community
United States
1687 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice variety with significant doubling on IGWT like you said. Especially GOD and that foot on the R of TRUST.

Congrats on putting the markers together showing they are the same variety.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 173Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.76 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05