Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,107 / Views: 98,808Next Topic
Page: of 141
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My wife says when I pass she's selling my Morgan's for 95 cents each for a quick sale.

Quote:
Please give her my contact info....
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My wife would ask me why I paid $85 for a coin that says $1.

In that case, I might suggest buying a 1909-S VDB cent. That way, you can move the Overton Window a bit, and buying a Morgan (or pretty much anything else) won't look so bad by comparison...

...or maybe some podcasts on Austrian economics. Particularly, the parts about how value is what people are willing to pay for things.
Valued Member
United States
378 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
US mint just updated my payment option so it showing on my CC now my O/CC, I ask what the next step was since it processing, lol she said it ready to be shipped.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1728 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My wife says when I pass she's selling my Morgan's for 95 cents each for a quick sale.

Time for an immediate divorce!
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting, watching, waiting, watching.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Time for an immediate divorce!
I just point at her purses, shoes, etc.

Quote:
Waiting, watching, waiting, watching.

Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"CC" is now "PROCESSING"... wasn't the other day! Of course, I had the extra $$ for it when I placed the original order... now................
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's say the average order for cc's and o's was for five coins, that's 70,000 orders.

Let's say the remaining 4 types averaged 2 coins per order, that's another 362,500 orders to fill.

Total Morgans and Peace dollar orders to fill: 432,500

Given the delays shipping much smaller releases of coins, I predict "processing" times will range from a few days to a couple months. Luck of the draw!
Valued Member
United States
316 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today Tuesday October 19,2021
Got my E-mail that 2 Order's are in Processing

2021 Morgan CC Silver Dollars w/Privy Mark
2021 Morgan (0) Silver Dollars w/Privy Mark

2021 Morgan (P) Silver Dollars
2021 Peace (P) Silver Dollars

and Apple 13 I Phone shipment

Re Po Man knows I have Good Taste goldnugget
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add phillyprod to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So now that these are starting to process.

I managed to get 5 of the 6. The New Orleans privy eludes me.

So torn on whether I should buy secondary to have the complete set or just be happy with what I have.
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was only showing a charge for one of the Morgan's and not both so I called the mint and was told the "O" is starting to process and will ship soon. The "CC" is still in backorder status.

Also, I was able to update my payment info for the "S" and "D" Morgan's since I'd received a new card. She said these would also start processing soon. I've yet to receive any email from the Mint so I guess we'll see if everything goes well with these.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing a flurry of posts with people saying that processing has now changed to shipped for the status of their orders. Hopefully that's going to happen later this week. I'm getting anxious lol. 5 months is a long time to wait.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sgmbrock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, on that day of the first offering of CC and O, while getting kicked off and then reentering numerous times my order was accepted, but I then realized that I had wound up with 10 of each coin (only wanted 6 ea). So yesterday my credit card was charged $850 and my order history shows the CC & O processing and $850 paid. Do you think the mint is lowering my order to 5 of each? I should have been charged $1700 total. Will I be billed again for another $850? Order history still shows 10 of each coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
964 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@sgmbrock- you were probably only charged for 10 of the "O" Morgan's. As I mentioned on my post, the "CC" is still on backorder. Once those are ready to ship you'll get another charge of $850.
United States
25 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Aileron to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So, on that day of the first offering of CC and O, while getting kicked off and then reentering numerous times my order was accepted, but I then realized that I had wound up with 10 of each coin (only wanted 6 ea). So yesterday my credit card was charged $850 and my order history shows the CC & O processing and $850 paid. Do you think the mint is lowering my order to 5 of each? I should have been charged $1700 total. Will I be billed again for another $850? Order history still shows 10 of each coin.

I've seen a few days time lag between "processing" starting and the credit card getting charged. I would bet a lot of the recent reports of people's charge cards getting charged for Morgans / Peace dollars will end up being temporary authorizations, and they'll drop off people's accounts in a week, only to reappear on the accounts in 8 days or a month or two when the mint finally gets the coins out their door.
Edited by Aileron
10/20/2021 10:09 am
Page: of 141 Previous TopicReplies: 2,107 / Views: 98,808Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: