Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 110,553Next Topic
Page: of 150
Pillar of the Community
United States
574 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had another thought... thanks to COVID, I wonder if maybe some delays happened with the packaging? I also wonder if all of the mint's little plastic trays come from AirTite here in MA?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5301 Posts
Learn More...
United States
108207 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well my D and S came in today. But I'm sending them right back out again - out to PCGS. My plan is to have all 6 coins graded.
Good luck!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a package!

Inside was another well wrapped package.

I took off the wrapping and had 2 more boxes.

And 2 more boxes inside that.

Maybe we can see the coins? Nope there is a certificate.

Removing that we finally get to coins.

The CC Privy Marked Morgan

The O Privy Marked Morgan.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3112 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto, Thanks for the Pics. They LOOK GREAT !!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4581 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that I got my first set, what do I think?

If this series continues I don't believe I will collect the Morgan's, I'll do like I do with the limited release ASE and get those, but 2022 etc... I just don't feel it. The box is cheap and a weird size so I can't stack them with the ASE. The price to me isn't great considering the amount of silver. Like Morgan's Dad states, they look great and while the Morgan's are nice they don't have the look of the older ones, they are just too new, its like they say in French, they don't have "je ne sais quoi"

I'm happy I got the initial release set but long term, I don't see myself being a collector of the Morgan's.
Edited by hfjacinto
10/25/2021 4:30 pm
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiestenn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got my 3 D Morgan dollars today. Under bright light with magnifying glass seems to be same slight imperfection just to the left and below the earlobe. Probably won't show up on a picture. Just wanted to know if any other D's or other mint marks have the same.
Learn More...
United States
108207 Posts
United States
36 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kiteray to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got my two CC Morgan dollars today and I am not impressed by the eye appeal of the coins. I don't think they look as good as the original Morgans in MS condition. I wish the mint would have released either proof Morgan dollars or some sort of enhance uncirculated coins. I'm glad I only ordered the CC Morgans and Peace dollars.
Edited by kiteray
10/25/2021 5:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5301 Posts
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received my D and S morgans today. They are nice coins but have sort of a burnished look to them, the details in Liberty and the eagle are not sharp and crisp like original Morgan dollars, IMO. If they offer them in the future in proof finish I might pick up a few but I'm not planning to pick up anymore unc's if they continue past 2021. For the same $$$ I can pick up common date original Morgan dollars in MS62-64 in TPG slabs.
Pillar of the Community
United States
676 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If someone showed me one of these coins and the date wasn't visible, I would probably be proclaiming, "Chinese fake!"
Edited by captainrich
10/25/2021 6:08 pm
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if the 10% copper in the older coins is the difference in the finishes of old vs 2021 .999 silver.

Does anyone have an example of an ASE, or any .999 coin, that has the same finish as the older 90% coins?

Is there any metallurgist among us.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3112 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I saw that Most ALL my MORGANS ordered and the Peace dollars have shipped. I will REALLY know about the finished look I am seeing and Do NOT like, Once in Hand !!!!! I use to see MANY fake coins look LIKE they do !!!! I am saying the finished look and Weak Details are Disappointing, Thrown togetherish.... ( ONLY because WE know the Originally Minted Coinage, Looked Sweeter ).. PS, The 2021'S will NEVER become Culls !!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3112 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2021  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto, I Too am NOT going to continue with these IF they are made.... I have also decided I will NOT continue to collect the ASE, Once the 1995-W is obtained . I am DONE !!! Collecting since 1963... Bit Hard, Thinning Coming !!! MUCH COLLECTED !!!!!! PS, I had to top off My MORGAN and Peace dollar Collections with THESE !!!!
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 110,553Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: