Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,112 / Views: 99,472Next Topic
Page: of 141
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  09:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those commanding 100% error free quality control are you prepared to pay the increased cost that would be spread across all products? I doubt it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW..... If You buy a Brand New Vehicle, Your ok with Scratches and Dings !!! WHY would You expect a Flawless Vehilce !!!! " For those commanding 100% error free quality control" Are expecting New, Manufactured Mint State As Perfect as Obtainable , Mint State Coins..........

Why do people expect that, Because They advertise NEW COINS FOR SALE !!!!! We see this far too often, Expect More !!!!!!

We pay DEARLY for the right and Privilege to Live and Breathe in America!!!! We Expect Better !!!! $90+ dollars delivered to My Door, OK, Just do the right thing..... BUT NO !!!!!
Edited by morgans dad
10/27/2021 11:00 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4384 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
WOW..... If You buy a Brand New Vehicle, Your ok with Scratches and Dings !!! WHY would You expect a Flawless Vehilce !!!! " For those who are Commanding 100% For those commanding 100% error free quality control" Are expecting New, Manufactured Mint State As Perfect as Obtainable , Mint State Coins..........

Not really a fair comparison, when Consumer Reports used to do a thorough evaluation, there was only 1 vehicle that was perfect. Of all the thousands of vehicles CR purchased All except 1 had minor issues from paint overspray to ill fitting parts.

As to coins, the vast majority are MS/PF 70 when purchased directly from the mint. While the 2 so far that I received look perfect, the case and quality of the packaging leaves much to be desired.
Valued Member
United States
462 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a shipping notice for my Peace dollars!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I notice members are waking up, The U S ,Mint's quality Control Has Left the Equation.... We collect Praying the Prices and Mass us mint's web site Disasters Just are NOT the Normal, Boy are We Fed Up !!!!

Apparently, Not All.........

WHY not mention the Original Posted comments that drives Us to explain. WHY !!!!It may NOT be a " Fair " Comparison, It is NOT fair TO not mention the FACTS TOO......... I'd expect buying from Ebay to get REJECTS, NOT the U S Mint's site.
We collectors are holding out more than $$$$ We collect to Have and Hold the Pristine, Freshly Minted Brand New Coins. WOW !!!!!!!!!!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11371 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All my Morgans & Peaces now are shipped. This roller coaster is finally coming back to the station. What a ride...
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
CONGRATS, bzookaj and Celtic Knot !!!! SWEET
Edited by morgans dad
10/27/2021 10:45 am
Learn More...
United States
106601 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All my Morgans & Peaces now are shipped. This roller coaster is finally coming back to the station. What a ride...
Congratulations!

Still waiting for shipping notification on my Peace dollar.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
jbuck, I sent you a PM, A couple of days ago, Maybe not received ? Received ?
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still waiting on my Morgan and Peace dollar to ship. My last two coins. They are still processing, and the hold on my credit card expired.

I envy you CelticKnot and bzookaj

I think the quality control at the mint has been suffering as of late. I would expect a flawless product. I exchange or return items when there are not what was anticipated or expected. However, in returning a coin that has a mintage limit, I would not get a replacement. So, I keep the coin even if it is not as expected.

My understanding is most of the coins are scanned by machines. As far as paying an increased cost, I don't understand why we should pay extra for better quality control to calibrate a machine.

On the other hand, the packaging, and getting foreign material in air tights is terrible. They could do a better job.

Only proof are inspected by hand, is this statement correct?
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lunch Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would certainly give up some of the layers of OGP to ensure a better quality coin, if the mint needs to reallocate some of the finances to make it happen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1976 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only received the CC thus far. It had a tiny black fuzz speck inside the capsule. I opened and coaxed it out. You know, those face masks are finally coming in handy...
"Nummi rari mira sunt, si sumptus ferre potes." - Christophorus filius Scotiae
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The roller coaster ride isn't over til the coins are in safely in your hands.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1041 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In the historical since of the O mint the coins should have poor strikes , die cracks and clash marks , some with letter transfer .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3104 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the S Minted MORGANS Today, WOW, 3 FLAWLESS, as Expected Coins....................
Page: of 141 Previous TopicReplies: 2,112 / Views: 99,472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: