Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 109,926Next Topic
Page: of 150
Valued Member
United States
317 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To open a capsule I use a thin knife and go around the capsule edge prying a little bit at a time, not all at once, I go around the entire capsule a couple times. When it's mostly lose I pull it off, obviously don't let the knife slip and hit the coin. Not saying this is the best way. I've seen guys just use their fingers and with one yank pull capsule apart. But coin might go flying.
Edited by livingwater
10/27/2021 4:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tomtom777

Quote:
I had my card locked and forgot to unlock it, I got a email Friday that they were going to cancel my order and I wasn't able to get through to them until yesterday but that was for CC Morgan. Then they email this morning about another order that basically said they ran out of them is how I took it. After I go through today the charge went through right away and hopefully they will ship now. It strange but the only times I could get through were when I clicked the link on website with my phone. Anytime I dial the number directly into phone it doesn't work and I get busy signal or phone not in service.

I finally got through after calling for probably 5 hours.

They asked me if the card was still good so they could reauthorize the transaction. I said it was. Don't know why they didn't just attempt the authorization again without my acknowledgment.

I'm probably going to be the last person to actually get my coins. :-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No one ever comments on my posts, but I do see a possibility of this thread spiraling into a nasty one regarding the quality of the US Mint's service AND overall product quality.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3707 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received the CC and O today. Seems like I will take a closer look
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carlp007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just received this email from the US Mint, "An update on your order USM10xxxxxx"

I received the same email

Quote:
My heart stopped when I got the email notification with that subject line, fearing a problem with my Peace dollar order!

I had the same reaction.
Valued Member
United States
259 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lunch Money to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the exact same email, to the effect of "please be patient". And I had the exact same gut wrenching feeling before I read it. Ordering coins shouldn't be such an emotional roller coaster!
Learn More...
United States
107962 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I finally got through after calling for probably 5 hours.

Quote:
They asked me if the card was still good so they could reauthorize the transaction. I said it was. Don't know why they didn't just attempt the authorization again without my acknowledgment.

Quote:
I'm probably going to be the last person to actually get my coins. :-)
Learn More...
United States
107962 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No one ever comments on my posts, but I do see a possibility of this thread spiraling into a nasty one regarding the quality of the US Mint's service AND overall product quality.
I hope not!
Learn More...
United States
107962 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I received the same email... I had the same reaction.

Quote:
I received the exact same email, to the effect of "please be patient". And I had the exact same gut wrenching feeling before I read it. Ordering coins shouldn't be such an emotional roller coaster!
Misery loves company!
Valued Member
United States
317 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got same Mint email for my P Morgans.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has there been any morning sales lately on the new Morgans?
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just ran into one "in hand" listing for the 2021 Peace... search for item # 165150445617... There is one other listing claiming to be in-hand BUT it looks like some sort of 3D computer scan of a coin...
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  6:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just opened my S and D Morgan's. The two S mint look perfect to me. The D has what I would call a hit or bag mark between the E and R in Liberty. More of a shinny gouge. Over all I'm satisfied. I do see the softness in detail others have mentioned. Pretty coins but not sharp details.
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya jbuck, got the same email. Thought the same cause my p,s hit alone last night without the peace, then this afternoon got email saying peace are coming too. I received my 0, cc d and s all today. I am very pleased with the quality. Out of 26 coins I had 1 contact mark and 1 small stain. The packaging is the only complaint. Half of them were rolling around in the mint box and not enough packing in the cardboard outer box. I for one love the looks of them. At first with the pictures it looked like they were a polished look, but mine have a satin look.
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 10/27/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jbuck I just read the same email from the mint so looking forward to Nov.
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 109,926Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: