Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 353 / Views: 18,474Next Topic
Page: of 24
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm already having nightmarish flashbacks of Cloud Flare and "blocked due to suspicious network activity" and not even being allowed to try to add to cart.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would you still buy if the price was $100 per coin? How about $250? $500?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the price is $100 per coin I'll get the peace and 1 of the morgans, most likely a CC.

If it's $200, I'll probably pass on all.
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same boat for me, $100 is tough to swallow but I want my hands on these new pieces, one morgan and one peace. Anything over $100 and I just wouldn't be able to justify.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10960 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a buyer for these at anything south of $100 (Though I'm really hoping for closer to $75). Anything north and it's probably not gonna happen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1431 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After much struggle, because I'm stupid, LOL They are either using the Morgan dollar blanks in 90% silver, or they are using the Commemorative blanks like they used for the McAuliffe dollar more recently.

both blanks have same diameter, and same total weights and would comply with the legislation as acceptable. McAuliffe commemorative was $79. and that's a decent baseline as the LOWEST they would price it at. the legislation tells them to include all overhead, marketing, costs, materials, machinery wear, dies and development, and the face value applied to it's cost. I have no idea if they do this for everything they sell or not as standard, or they shift some costs around to other items like circulation coin production costs since that's running parallel.
Pillar of the Community
United States
522 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will probably get all of them, I hope. and hopefully they will be less than $100. I do love the Morgan and Peace dollar and its so nice to see these get released. And hopefully the P Morgan and Peace will be proof!

Now for the morgans, there is CC, O D, P, and S.
and we have uncirculated, proof, reverse proof, and the enhanced versions of them. A reverse proof would look amazing and an Enhanced version would be even better.

I guess we will find out soon though.
Learn More...
United States
99348 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At this time, $100 is going to be my limit, so a $200 pair (Morgan and Peace). If significantly lower, I might get some other mint or privy marks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8519 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do we have any clue what the mintages are?
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just want to collect one Morgan and one Peace, don't even care which mint or privy. I wouldn't even waste my time trying to buy a privy, except I might get locked out of all of them, so I have to try.
Learn More...
United States
99348 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wouldn't even waste my time trying to buy a privy
If I want one, it is the O for NOLA. I have been to that mint, so it would be more personal.
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Onedollarbillnut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Onedollarbillnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Prices and mintages are on the mint's web site along with household limits, says production won't happen until October
Tim Hughes
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10960 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Prices and mintages are on the mint's web site along with household limits...

Photos too.

They all appear to be $85 each with 175k mintage and 25HHL. Not as bad as I thought. Should be reasonable to get both releases each week.
Edited by CelticKnot
04/14/2021 6:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3393 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At $85 I'll get 2, a Morgan and the Peace.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2215 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The wife has reminders set so she can get a P mint Morgan and a Peace. Fingers crossed it works out for me her.
Page: of 24 Previous TopicReplies: 353 / Views: 18,474Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05