Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 111,831Next Topic
Page: of 150
Pillar of the Community
United States
1249 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Teach to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally received my CC and O privy marked Morgans a couple of days ago. I still don't understand the hold up on these? Anyways they both look pretty good! I'm too kind of surprised the left overs still at the mint haven't started to trickle out in the mornings. What are they waiting for?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1128 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  07:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No joke. There's close to 10k of some types just sitting around. Maybe they took the time to determine they're all defective but I doubt it
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5430 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably trying to fix all the orders that didn't get mailed out yet to folks that ordered and didn't get them yet. Maybe these that you see are for folks that bought them and didn't get them yet, they have to keep an inventory of them somewhere..
Pillar of the Community
United States
4622 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is an interview with the mint on coinweek, the acting mint director stated that after all the orders are straightened out they will release the rest of the Morgan and Peace for sale around 12 noon to accommodate the west and east coast.

https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/t...ace-dollars/
Edited by hfjacinto
12/02/2021 07:40 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
979 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  4:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is an interview with the mint on coinweek, the acting mint director stated that after all the orders are straightened out they will release the rest of the Morgan and Peace for sale around 12 noon to accommodate the west and east coast.

I used to like the early morning release times since I'm usually at work at that time and know a good chunk of the country is still asleep. The "waiting room" feature where you're given a certain amount of time to checkout seems intriguing. My only gripe, if it's implemented, is that going to make checkout a smooth transaction. If not then doesn't matter how much time you're given. Just gonna end up getting timed out.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2021  12:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wyzeguy, I Agree, The ordering process along with New Collector Coin Releases = shooting blindly at sounds. Their ordering system leaves much to to desired, as of Late... Sad... But sell they will. The "Worlds Greatest Mint" has come up with following other mints lead to have a Waiting Room. Sounds like the Coin Collecting World's Rarities will be damaged, as far as Value and Rarity, I hope I am Wrong, Do we have members in the UK that can give input to the WAITING ROOM , THX....

I am interested to see one of the Worlds Greatest ordering systems known, To be developed and used to Accept and Smoothly elevate, the pleasure of the ordering system. Helping Fairly those who Follow the rules set, by the Mint. After having last year be their SECOND best year to date financially, a " Waiting Room "....................

Quality Control ALSO needs Attention, Being they have been Out To Lunch for Some Time Also.

PLEASE understand, I appreciate good quality products and usually expect to pay more for the opportunity, Just understand, I expect Perfection from the Mint when buying New Coins, Especially after being a Loyal Consistent, Coin Collector, from the Mint for Decades.
The days of sending PROOF SETS through the U S Mail System in an ENVELOPE are Gone, BUT not forgotten, We live and hopefully Learn Too.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sleepyd00d to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got the mint to escalate my request and reship my CC and O order after emailing them again and now I finally have my coins

I found several New Orleans privy marked coins had entirely popped out of their plastic holders, so make sure to check them if you aren't submitting the box to a grader.
Edited by Sleepyd00d
12/04/2021 7:45 pm
Learn More...
United States
108505 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I got the mint to escalate my request and reship my CC and O order after emailing them again and now I finally have my coins
Congratulations!
Valued Member
United States
65 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add barkeep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Who did you talk to? I just got off the phone with the Mint and got the same run-around as before. They still need 4-6 weeks to check on the order or they are going to refund me. E-mail hasn't worked for me. They either don't read beyond the order number or don't understand english.
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rick-99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to know too. I'm getting the same response from the mint as barkeep.
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sleepyd00d to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I emailed the public support email and didn't communicate with anyone in particular. I informed them that other people had gotten these orders reshipped and that I did not want to file a CNR as I still wanted the order.
Pillar of the Community
United States
502 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I called more than once - days apart. Was as polite as I could be and spoke on how incredible it was that the order shipped nearly 30 days prior and still was not scanned or delivered. I mentioned that I knew that many others were in the same situation because of this thread. On the last call, while agent was checking tracking, she finally seemed to get that it was stuck. I'm not sure that had anything to do with getting it going but I suppose it did not hurt. I make it very clear that I did not want to cancel. I did extend the conversation by asking at what point would I no longer be able to cancel the order since it hadn't been received by the carrier and therefore not really shipped. A few days later I got the re-ship email. Good luck with your efforts and I hope it works out for you as well. I also tried the live chat several times - days apart.
Edited by PlumCrazy814
12/06/2021 10:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5430 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well my PCGS order just came out of QA and I got the report.
I sent in 3 Morgan dollars and 2 Peace dollars
The 3 morgans are 2021, 2021-D, and 2021-S are graded as MS-70
But my 2 Peace dollars have been graded as MS-69

Over all I'm happy with them.
PCGS also got my 'O' and 'CC' Morgan dollars today and have begun the process of grading.

EDIT: all designated as 100th Anniversary First Strike
Edited by Dearborn
12/07/2021 10:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats on the Morgan grades.
Valued Member
United States
383 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2021  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reno32 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dearborn I'm happy for you, congratulations.
Page: of 150 Previous TopicReplies: 2,246 / Views: 111,831Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: