Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 336 / Views: 17,596Next Topic
Page: of 23
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HH 25? omg it's going to be a lost cause. 200K / 25 -> 8000 lucky buyers flippers.
Edited by Corbe
04/15/2021 12:22 pm
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Corbe - Right and that's the Peace. The Morgans would be 7000. With these limits the MikeM type will have lined up people to get half of them.
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nobody has commented on the "Product shipment will begin in October" so far.
Edited by Corbe
04/15/2021 12:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1793 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if this will be one of the coin series where the speculators will get first dibs on purchase, prior to general release?
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smuglr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JohnH4444 - I don't anticipate a "rarest" other than the lower mintage making each of the Morgans "rarer" than the Peace. With the mintages and HHL I think they all sell out first day. I think the P mint Morgan and Peace will be most desired. The CC and O are privy marks so not the interest as if they had been minted at Carson City or New Orleans.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10951 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if this will be one of the coin series where the speculators will get first dibs on purchase, prior to general release?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mintage limit and household limit is very unfortunate. For someone just trying to get their hands on one of each, I'm not excited to fight my way to getting one and having to suffer the second-hand market on these.

$85 is bad but with what the mint has been doing with prices, it is better than it could have been, and honestly better than it will be once the scalpers pull them all in seconds.
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nobody has commented on the "Product shipment will begin in October" so far.
Probably because the sticker shock has not worn off yet.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3385 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep I saw that. I guess you get charged and wait.. wait.... wait....
Pillar of the Community
United States
2211 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder how many of each are going to the mint's preferred purchasers prior to the public sale.
Pillar of the Community
United States
674 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yep I saw that. I guess you get charged and wait.. wait.... wait....

They just authorize your card then it drops off in a few days. You won't actually be charged until it ships.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion, now knowing the mintage and what they look like.

Mintages:
for Peace dollars, this 2021 P is even lower mintage than the 1928-P, and by 160K pieces. All of them will be mintstate though....
for Morgan dollars, all of them are lower mintage than everything except the 1893-S and 1894-P.

As far as appearance, the two with privy marks could be seen as commemoratives, the privy marks are outliers.
the other 4 could be seen by collectors as part of the sets, with the one caveat of the compositional change to .999 which people may see as not part of the sets and a set of it's own, a set of 6 commemorative strikes......

As commemorative strikes, 175K and 200K are NOT low at all, it's not high, but it's not in the ball park of a rarity, so I guess the question is, how will the "collectors" take these coins to be?

I mean some of the popularity and movement in Morgan and Peace dollars is absolutely VAMs, collectors getting varieties within a date and mintmark and keeping multiple examples, there isn't that many "full set" collectors out there, there's a couple coins hindering that for a lot of people to accomplish.

I don't know what to make of these, and again, a late year delivery, I guess hoping to toss a bone to the flippers and dealers before Christmas yet again...
I'm not a fan of the Privy marked ones at all. the O looks ridiculous, the CC looks like the sign at my local Chinese food shop, Chinese Cooking

I wanted them since I heard about them, but now that it's basically here, I find myself talking myself out of it for various reasons. I think it maight be the outlay of the $510.00 for all of them...
Like I KNOW the 2020W V75 eagle was $83.00, sells on ebay for at least $300 still in PR69. 2019S ERP was $65.95, now $1000 in PR69, $2000 in PR70. Hard to let it pass on the hope of it actually ADDING some value to my collection when in general, there's a lot of duds I've bought as well over the years. I could see these being thought of as commems and not part of the sets at all, and these aren't like 30K mintages or 75K mintages. these are all at lest 100K units more than those two were.

How could these not be some sort of winners, at least double the issue price in the long run even, yet still I feel pensive over mostly this .999 silver planchet issue and them maybe not being really "accepted" as part of the sets by the hobby and instead being seen as a "side set" like the W quarters are.

I mean even here, these threads didn't wind up on "Modern Coins" they wound up in "US commemoratives and NCLT" that's not a good sign necessarily, morgan and Peace dollars don't really belong here. LOL
Edited by Big-Kingdom
04/15/2021 5:15 pm
Learn More...
United States
99075 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder how many of each are going to the mint's preferred purchasers prior to the public sale.

Quote:
They just authorize your card then it drops off in a few days. You won't actually be charged until it ships.
True.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3385 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
there isn't that many "full set" collectors out there, there's a couple coins hindering that for a lot of people to accomplish

I'm happy there aren't that many "full set" collectors otherwise I wouldn't be able to do mine.

Sadly there is no space in the album for a 2021 Peace.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10951 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice album, hfjacinto!
Page: of 23 Previous TopicReplies: 336 / Views: 17,596Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05
New