Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Peace And Morgan Dollars!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Replies: 349 / Views: 18,177Next Topic
Page: of 24
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mellamobradley46 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Knowing my luck with fraudulent activity, if I order when it becomes available, by the time they are shipping I will have a new card. Does anyone know if you get a hit on your current card when you purchase, can you update the card and will it switch to your new card so it doesn't get cancelled?
Pillar of the Community
United States
520 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mellamobradley, Get a new card for only the US Mint purchases and then put it away. That will at least prevent it from being used/closed after you order the coins!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the USM has announced the release date for pre-sale of the new Morgan dollars.
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...tions-posted
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10954 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think the USM has announced the release date or pre sale of the mew Morgan dollars.

Welcome to the party. That's what we've been discussing for the past couple of days. Are you a buyer at those prices?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1303 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  10:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That's what we've been discussing for the past couple of days.

Yep I know. I have been following the thread, just didn't have anything to say until today..

Quote:
Are you a buyer at those prices?

Not sure yet.. (but Probably)
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower set coin count: 36/36
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10954 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure yet.. (but Probably)

Likewise. Just not sure I want to invest all the time, frustration, and $510 into this.

I thought the 5-oz P-pucks were expensive at $46/oz... those are now looking like absolute bargains.
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2021  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm happy there aren't that many "full set" collectors otherwise I wouldn't be able to do mine.

Quote:
Sadly there is no space in the album for a 2021 Peace.
No space in my Ike album for any hypothetical special releases in 2028. However, plenty of room in the graded set... in case the US Mint has any ideas.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2021  03:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Reedbeard08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also really excited about this, hope that the exact details don't overshadow the intent of commemorating these coins. Oops, wrong word..."recognizing"

We'll see how pricing goes...but a couple more CC morgans? Probably going to be hard to keep me away
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping to pick up one of each of the Morgans but at $85 a pop, I can't do that. I'll settle for one of the Morgans and the Peace. The question is, which one of the Morgans shall I purchase?
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The question is, which one of the Morgans shall I purchase?
I have already settled on the O privy because it is a mint I have visited. Perhaps one of them is significant to you?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3389 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Since I don't collect Morgans, I'll probably to try to get the CC, but I also like the idea of an actual mint so maybe an S also.

All else fails, I'll get the one that I'm able to buy.
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All else fails, I'll get the one that I'm able to buy.
Good plan.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4118 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like Morgans, including this new one, but personally do not regard it as part of the original series. Kind of like the restrikes of the Maria Theresa Thaler vs the original. I like the look of the restrikes, but they are not the original.
Learn More...
United States
99238 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2021  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Other than NCLT status, one could apply the same argument to the 1921 Morgan dollars versus the ones minted from 1878 to 1904.
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly getting the Peace dollar. The Morgan, maybe the CC one, but that's a lot to shell out for all these different varieties. That and with the new Eagles coming out with their special sets, it's going to be expensive.
Page: of 24 Replies: 349 / Views: 18,177Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05